Do any of you work from home?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NU CHICKS, May 8, 2008.

1. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Im a mother of two young boys, 2 1/2 and almost 5. They are my world and I wish more that anything that I can work from home and be there for my boys. Any ideas? I would love to hear about what you do.

Thanks so much.

Kelli

mother of 2 boys, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 5 chickens, one turtle and lots of fish.

2. dusti

dusti Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    I actually do work from home for a small new company. I've been with them for almost 2 years and really lucked out finding this job. I love the company and the people I work with. Although I will have to start driving 2 days a week to go to the office, it's not too much of a deal. I've always been told if you have to pay money upfront then most times it's not a legit job. I really was leary of this company/position because it sounded too goo to be true but I lucked out. Good luck in your search, there are many scams out there.

3. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    My best suggestion is to find what you are good at and then use it to make money. I build websites from home and do some tutoring on computers. I also sell eggs, produce, and whatever else I can grow from home.

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I work from home. I'm a civil engineer. I did 15 years in Seattle doing project management and design. Now, I just do design and review and am having the time of my life. I'm really enjoying work (the phone never rings) and I also get to have a farm.

5. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    I work from home too. After leaving the service I went to Dog Grooming school. Now I work from home out of a grooming trailer (so I dont have a ton of dogs in my house--and I can also go mobile if I want). I love the work, I make my own hours, choose my clients--it's all very flexible.

There are lots of possibilities out there. Let us know what you find.

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Work from home-I have a children's clothing and mama accessory design business.

7. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Anyone else?

8. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Last edited: May 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by