Do Hens Crow?

She was a very good egg layer but she's about 3-1/2 years old now and eggs are few. The crowing is fairly recent however, she's running the show out there for sure, top dog.

She was a very good egg layer but she's about 3-1/2 years old now and eggs are few. The crowing is fairly recent however, she's running the show out there for sure, top dog.

Do you think this could be early menopause ?
lau.gif

She's lovely. Glad you were able to document this with your video.

That is quite a pretty sounding crow. I have read about top hens crowing occasionally. I never thought I would hear one of my hens crow because I have roosters around. But last fall one of my older hens, who is going through an extended "henopause" crowed when she was left alone in the barn. She did it occasionally when she about a month or so, only when she was alone. I might have heard her crow once this spring, but it has been quite a while since I have heard her crow.

That is quite a pretty sounding crow. I have read about top hens crowing occasionally. I never thought I would hear one of my hens crow because I have roosters around. But last fall one of my older hens, who is going through an extended "henopause" crowed when she was left alone in the barn. She did it occasionally when she about a month or so, only when she was alone. I might have heard her crow once this spring, but it has been quite a while since I have heard her crow.

D.gif
HENOPAUSE!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom