Do I have some roo’s on my hands?

luv4hart

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2023
4 week bantams too early maybe but I’ve got some contenders! New to bantams and chicks in the grand scheme.

#1 very submissive and will shy away rarely stands to full height. (Thinking roo)
IMG_2902.jpeg
IMG_2856.jpeg

#2 sweet but skiddish. Also does a lot of crouching down and running in the other direction. First one of the bunch with a tail and now has the shortest one. (Probably roo)
IMG_2882.jpeg
IMG_2885.jpeg
IMG_2883.jpeg

#3 this one is a runner and likes to peck others. Typical chick stuff working out pecking order I guess.
IMG_2894.jpeg
IMG_2898.jpeg

#4 runs around scared all the time but sweet if held doesn’t peck much. (My guess pullet)
IMG_2891.jpeg

IMG_2892.jpeg

#5 out of the two porcelain’s this one is the most roo acting
IMG_2886.jpeg

IMG_2888.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2888.jpeg
    IMG_2888.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 1
4 week bantams too early maybe but I’ve got some contenders!

Too early to be sure about the males, but I agree with you in suspecting #1 and #2 based on the combs and especially the red looking wattles. If those ones are male, then the combs & wattles should become much more obvious over the next few weeks. If they are females playing tricks on us, they will probably be "maybes" for quite a while.

Way too early for the females. It's quite common for there to be some males that "look like" females at this age and become obvious later, and of course the actual females would also "look like" females.

Back
Top Bottom