Do these chicks look okay? (Did I post this correctly? Photos? Can anyone see this?)

ChickenNewbie3

Chirping
Jun 8, 2020
I bought these chicks a week ago from Craigslist with the understanding that they were 2.5 week old BLRW chicks. I was trying to add to the three 3.5 week old chicks that I already had. The new ones are 1/3 the size of my others. And dramatically different sizes from each other and 2 with bald bums. They honestly were/are pretty sad looking. I didn’t have the heart to pull out of the deal and thought I could just get them healthy. In a week, not much has changed. Feather development super slow and feathers look wacky. But I am new at this. Anybody have any opinions on these now supposedly 3.5 week old birds? While not the hardiest chicks, they do seem to eat/drink/poop fine. The bigger girls want nothing to do with them. BCB84E62-FBE3-4B73-8FF2-63D3970AE52A.jpeg E9447E48-4FFB-4A81-8BE0-D7F5606275D5.jpeg D862687B-691C-4130-8873-2C3313130F8B.jpeg

Last edited:
They could have been picked on at their former home, especially if they were crowded there. Feed them well and they should recover.

Or, they could have just been slow to feather. In that case, you may have a cockerel or two.

They could have been picked on at their former home, especially if they were crowded there. Feed them well and they should recover.

Or, they could have just been slow to feather. In that case, you may have a cockerel or two.
Thank you for the insight! Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom