Do you crochet or knit?

Hi y'all! I've just recently learned how to crochet and so far I'm still just 'practicing' with it. I can knit pretty good but sometime I just don't have the patience, haha. I've made a thick headband that cover my ears, I really like it cuz it keeps my head nice and toasty. I'll post a pic later.

@sfgwife does a very good job.
full

Thank you.
WOW! How long did that take you to make? It would take me a couple of winters. XD

Oh, wow, that's gorgeous! It came together beautifully. How long does it take to knit a Fair Isle hat?

That one took four nights of tv night knittin for me to do. It just depends on the pattern though. For newbies to colorwork i always suest findin a very busy pattern... that leaves very short floats.... and a needle or two sizes up from your norm

:frow I love knitting, but am a novice. Have only crocheted afghans, but love knitting.
Although I prefer hand knitting, I do have an Addi Kingsize and the Ultimate Sweater Machine that are are quick and fun to use.

I have only used DPN's for finishing a hat a few years ago but have always wanted to try my hand at socks. Got the first one done, it's just ok, not great. Tackled it's mate this week but failed to record the needle size :he . All looked ok until the heel and it's now obvious I used one size larger for the first sock. :lau.

:frow I love knitting, but am a novice. Have only crocheted afghans, but love knitting.
Although I prefer hand knitting, I do have an Addi Kingsize and the Ultimate Sweater Machine that are are quick and fun to use.

I have only used DPN's for finishing a hat a few years ago but have always wanted to try my hand at socks. Got the first one done, it's just ok, not great. Tackled it's mate this week but failed to record the needle size :he . All looked ok until the heel and it's now obvious I used one size larger for the first sock. :lau.
I'm a novice too. I can't get the hang of "purl this and switch that." And yeah hand knitting is a TON easier and faster.

I can knit, but I've been crocheting for over 30 years so that's the one I stick with. It's something I can do while watching a movie and not have to really pay attention (unless it's a doily and then I have to watch what I'm doing).

Laugh if you want, but my chickens even have a blanket. It's the one my girls use to hold them with so they don't get pooped on.

This is what I'm working on right now, it's called a Bavarian stitch. I don't have a picture of mine atm, but here's a stock photo of the general stitch. It's a fun little stitch with a unique look. I make blankets constantly to keep my hands busy and then I donate them to the dog pound when I'm done. Otherwise, I'd have a house full of blankets!

bavarian.JPG

I can knit, but I've been crocheting for over 30 years so that's the one I stick with. It's something I can do while watching a movie and not have to really pay attention (unless it's a doily and then I have to watch what I'm doing).

Laugh if you want, but my chickens even have a blanket. It's the one my girls use to hold them with so they don't get pooped on.

This is what I'm working on right now, it's called a Bavarian stitch. I don't have a picture of mine atm, but here's a stock photo of the general stitch. It's a fun little stitch with a unique look. I make blankets constantly to keep my hands busy and then I donate them to the dog pound when I'm done. Otherwise, I'd have a house full of blankets!

View attachment 1245101
Wow! @Creteloc that's beuatiful!

Back
Top Bottom