Do you do a family Christmas letter?

Quote:
Oh, but that IS funny!

What if we could get our chickens to write their annual brag letters, to other chickens? "I got mealyworms every Tuesday this year!" "Little foodboy turned 14 and got a guitar, we haven't seen him since..." "We think the foodlady is getting fat, but don't tell her! That's what Mr. Foodguy said."

Quote:
oh gosh I used to send tons of xmas cards and I never, no word of a lie, got one back. So I stopped sending them, more money in my pocket if you ask me.

6chickens in St. Charles :

Quote:
Oh, but that IS funny!

What if we could get our chickens to write their annual brag letters, to other chickens? "I got mealyworms every Tuesday this year!" "Little foodboy turned 14 and got a guitar, we haven't seen him since..." "We think the foodlady is getting fat, but don't tell her! That's what Mr. Foodguy said."

yuckyuck.gif

6chickens in St. Charles :

Quote:
Oh, but that IS funny!

I like that idea. Too Cool !​

I would love to have a family newsletter, but ours is so dysfunctional (& NOT in a "fun" way) that no one else cares or there would be too much drama & bad news...
I love the idea of putting one in the family album. Maybe I'll start one with just my kids...I think the dysfunction stopped with them!

I have decided that one day I will write a 'Christmas Letter' and fill it with the most terrible crap I can think of and send it out with a questionable photo. Just to make everyone feel that much better about themselves. Really, anyone who KNOWS me would laugh their head off anyway.
Growing up in a less than desirable situation I absolutely hated reading these letters. Comparing two opposites gets far too depressing. I also try to only keep people in my lives that I truly care about that actually keep in contact with me - I have very little correspondence with relatives so that keeps it all to a minimum, thank goodness.

Quote:
To be honest, ALL families are dysfunctional and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that, so please do not feel bad about that. Join the club. In fact, I think that I would prefer reading a family newsletter from a "dysfunctional" family (like mine) rather than a family who has flown around the world, purchased 2 expensive cars, purchased a mansion, purchased another vacation home, blah, blah, blah. I would feel more comfortable and would be able to relate to your family newsletter than the others (brag letters) that people don't care for. Would kinda make me feel that I (and many others) are not alone in the different battles that we face every day.

If you ever start one, please email it to me. I would enjoy reading it.
wink.png

I like getting letters and sometimes we send them. It all depends. Sometimes it is just pictures. I also send cards.

I can't believe all the bitterness I am reading in this thread. Wow. Just...wow!!!

Back
Top Bottom