do you eat chicken? just curious....

I have my dad raise Cornish X on his farm for me. We love chicken or did until my kids went with me to help butcher . Now they won't eat anything but the store chicken. I have no problem eating the chicken I butcher. Just not for that day.
Now, if my ladies get to an age were they will need to go into the stew pot I'll let my dad have them and he can eat them. My kids would never touch chicken again if they had named it.

I am wondering when my dh is going to ask me why we havent had chicken in a while.
roll.png

It has been over a month now since I have thawed some and grilled it.
Have been eating a lot of fish, sausage, pork and hamburger. Eating chicken, even the magically wrapped kind just doesnt work for me much anymore. And it isnt like i didnt know the whole process and such before I got the girls. I went to an Aggie school. I know the whole deal! I just look at it all differently now.

I stopped eating meat in 1991. My girls are strickly here for eggs, garden pest control, fertilizer and company. And they do a darn good job, too!

I have noticed that my husband, an omnivor who is kind enough to keep a vegetarian house for me, has not been ordering much meat when we go out for dinner since we were given the girls last year. ;-)

Since I know how well I've taken care of my birds as well of the quality of life beforehand, I have no issues eating my own birds. They were happy before death, and that's really all anyone can ask for...

I know what you mean , i don't care for eating birds i have to kill and dress either. ( you wonder why it is called dressing a bird to take off the feathers? shouldn't it be undressing )

Back
Top Bottom