Do you ever randomly throw food together for your chickens?

Sure!! Our chickens get everything thats to old, we fish alot in the fall and wintertime and they do get fish eggs. They love them, our aunt works at a assisted living complex and she gets all the stale bread, berries, watermelon, and everything else they throw away. They eat so well, everyone around that gets our eggs say they r the best eggs ever!

Only about every day lol
lol.png

I brought home grapes to feed the flock for cool hot day treats, Aldis has them that are affordable. My kids and husband helped unload the car and my youngest "oh goody, grapes" I said you can have some. My husband laughed as he knew I bout the kids apples and bananas and the chicks the grapes! Oh well, I promise I will make sure the kids get some grapes.

My son LOVEs to play John Belushi doing the "Samurai Cafe". Particularly with a fresh bucket of fish heads and guts, or a skinned copperhead. The girls see him approach the "treat log" with a machete and I have to use a stick to keep them back until the show is over.

It is truly weird to see chickens running TOWARD a kid with a big knife. I guess my son has seen too many Japanese steakhouse ads. The girls love the result - for some reason my lazy girls lose interest in treats they have to work to tear apart.

Today's "treat": sunflower butter, ground up eggshells, and yogurt. Yum? Blobs of that went in a saucer of soon-to-expire cherry applesauce. Feeding frenzy, of course.

My Twelve Week Olds Love L/o's And Cereal When It Gets A Little Old. This Morn They Devoured A L/o Taco Salad From The Fridge, Meat, Beans, Cheese Flour Shell, Lettuce Onions And All!!!

Back
Top Bottom