Do you have Duckie toys *UPdate PICS***Post 1

I looped some ponytail holders and shiny barettes through the wire on my ducks' pen, and they nibble and tug on them. They also go after my dog's ball occasionally, which really scares me. As good as he is with cats/chickens/ducks, I'm afraid that if he and duck go for the ball at the same time, that would be the end of the duck.

Here's Victr and Ming Mei playing with a cat ball with a bell inside of it...

n119301008_30485402_9893.jpg

love it its given me some ideas, are your ducks kept inside??? I have put a cuddly toy in with mine and a ball but they dont seem to like either so going to try the bell thing

Quote:
Mine play with the paper towel cardbaord roll,,, yes a toilet paper one would be fine.. I will definatley try and get pics,, mine will come runnin (most of the time) when I jingle a bell from a toy...they really love my keys... so I took old keys and put on key rings..... i just always make sure that everything they can get in their mouth would be to big for them to swallow... which since mine are calls almost everything is to big ............ lol

not sure if this has been mentioned yet. but i have a large eye-screw attached to string in thier pen. the eye hook screw is about 3 inches long. i twist it into the base/root of a cabbage or lettuce head, they have a ball literally. its like cabbage tether ball they peck it back n forth. the cabbage lasts ALOT longer... ha

Quote:
Yep, they are spoiled indoor ducks. These two are currently living with four other ducks in a large pen in their own bedroom in a townhouse, but soon they will be living in a walk in closet in a condo n the 8th floor... Spoiled! They will also have grow lights to simulate sunshine while they are in their pen, and will be growing fresh cabbages in there too nfor them. They will even be getting bike rides and walks in the park where Oprah walks her dogs. lol.

I've bought my unhatched ducklings a mirror with beads, budgie toys with a bell and a chicken designed ball that you put food in and it spills out, so excited they tach tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom