Do you have Duckie toys *UPdate PICS***Post 1

Quote:
My ducks and geese used to love to play with balls. The ducks liked tennis balls or a little larger. one would give it a shove and it would be duck foot ball until the ball got hung up some place. I don't know where the small beach ball came from (I hope they didn;t steal it!) but the geese decided it was theirs and would push it around. When they were shut up for the night I would put it in their pool just to watch them get it out in the morning.

How about a duck "pinata"? Make it from something eatable and put in it more stuff in it to eat! How about... a small melon with peas in it?

Last edited:
I give my ducks parrot toys. I switch out the bells when necessary to safer ones, but they seem to love anything that jingles or crinkles. I also have a green wire ball made for rodent type pets and I stuff it to the gills with fresh greens. They'll spend all night ripping the greens out, especially if i hang slightly above their heads.

My ducklings just like to sit on and snuggle with the stuffed dog toys, I've never tried to give them actual toys to play with since the older birds free range... I will have to tell my mother about this for the ducklings that she's keeping. I am sure she's already got plans unfolding for a ducky jungle gym play toy thing
lol.png

For a month my critters sat near the back door while the rest of the garden was 1+ foot under snow.
I threw the christmas tree outside at the end of December and they thought it was absolutely awsome!
They were like kids in a play ground...so the tree is still there, laying on it's side providing hours of entertainment for them.

I also have a house pig that keeps my critters on their toes...but a dead christmas tree is much cheaper and easier to look after :eek:)

Woka

Duck toys. What a concept! I spoil my dogs and cats....why not my ducks?

I love the ideas here. Would a toilet paper roll be ok? I saw one person post about a paper towel roll....

cat food in a dispenser toy...and if they miss any, the dog will surely clean it up later! tennis balls, not sure if they would go for that.

I love this board! You are all so creative and helpful!

Please if you have any pics of ducks playing with toys I would LOVE to see them.

Back
Top Bottom