Do you HAVE to use the flat rate price...?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rainstorm, May 19, 2010.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Ordering some boxes for shipping eggs and I really need to use the medium flat rate size, not the 7/7/6 ones. But it does not cost the $14 cost of flat rate to ship eggs, Do you HAVE to use the flat rate price if your using that box? id be using stamps.com and making my own label but just wondering if I dont have to use that price

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    If you use the flat rate box, yes, they are going to expect you to pay the flat rate price. They'll either send it back to you or make it postage due on the person who gets it.

3. Jolly Acres

Jolly Acres Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2009
    Paris Twp., OH.
    If you ship in flat rate boxes, you have to pay the appropriate flat rate price for that box.

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    But you can cut them, then turn them inside out, tape them back up and ship them normally.

5. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:that is cheating [​IMG]
    but i can see why we could do that it's cheaper, i do not use those flat rate boxes too much money

6. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Quote:I thought that I read somewhere that they were now printing Priority Flat Rate on the insides to keep people from doing this? I know if you get caught they can file against you and refuse to give you mail service anymore. I know someone who sold on Ebay who did that and got caught (a dissatisfied buyer turned them in) and they were told they would not be warned again, they would just cease to be given mail service - delivery or pickup. Our dollar stores here get tons of boxes and they are happy to save them for me if I call and say that I need some (small, large, whatever) boxes, as long as I go pick them up on the day they tell me to (whatever delivery/unpack day is). Maybe call some stores there and see if you can find some free ones that will fit your needs?

7. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:My PO said I couldn't do this.

8. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Could you just wrap the box in brown shipping paper or old brown paper bags?

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:Can't do it, they will make you or the receiver pay............

10. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    When I had already packaged some eggs...in a flat rate box...already printed the shipping label...and was at the PO to ship it, the postal worker told me that all you have to do is cover up the words that state it is a flat rate box...never charged me that rate and never charged the buyer....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by