Do you name your chickens?

• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
My chickens names are Becky, barb, Larry, poppy, fishie, Dottie, orb, snow, bubble, Ms.moom, liz, hazel and cheepy, my four ducks are sharkie, duckie, quackers, and waddles andy guineas are ginny and beth
Those are awesome names. I really like Sharkie, Fishie, Dottie, Orb, and Hazel.

I name all my birds, regardless if they may end up as food.
I tried not to name the cockerels but I needed to have a way to differentiate them all - so I just picked random names for them. They will all be heading to freezer camp, but in the mean time they are fancy free and Molly coddled. Diamond, Unnamed, Penne, Creamsicle…

I tried not to name the cockerels but I needed to have a way to differentiate them all - so I just picked random names for them. They will all be heading to freezer camp, but in the mean time they are fancy free and Molly coddled. Diamond, Unnamed, Penne, Creamsicle…
That surprised me when you said they are going to freezer camp! You can't find homes for them?

I always name my chickens! I have 14 Blossom, Jessie, lily, Marigold, hope, Daffy, Amelia, Royal, Almanzo, Leia, tilda, Belle, Evelyn and Josephine I was wondering if other people name their chickens?
We have our 7 week olds Freyja, Valkyrie, Jane Foster, Annie and Adrienne (the last two I’m positive are cockerels and I’m thinking about renaming them lol. And our 3 week olds Amy, Pinky and Cordelia.

I always name my chickens! I have 14 Blossom, Jessie, lily, Marigold, hope, Daffy, Amelia, Royal, Almanzo, Leia, tilda, Belle, Evelyn and Josephine I was wondering if other people name their chickens?
Yes, I only have 3, have only had them for about 3 weeks, but named them the first day. I have Retta, who I have to admit is my favorite. She's named after my mom Loretta. The 3 year old that I watch calls my mom Retta so......... The 2nd one is Robin who I named after my niece that I love dearly, and the 3rd one I named Raven, just because. The one with more red is Retta, the whitish one is Robin, and the blacker one is Raven.

Attachments

• 20230629_073413.jpg
    20230629_073413.jpg
    903.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230628_122738.jpg
    20230628_122738.jpg
    971.8 KB · Views: 3
Yes, I only have 3, have only had them for about 3 weeks, but named them the first day. I have Retta, who I have to admit is my favorite. She's named after my mom Loretta. The 3 year old that I watch calls my mom Retta so......... The 2nd one is Robin who I named after my niece that I love dearly, and the 3rd one I named Raven, just because. The one with more red is Retta, the whitish one is Robin, and the blacker one is Raven.
I love them and their names!

Mine all have names, some even know their names, but for some reason, I'm the only one that remembers their names. We only have 2 cats, 7 dogs, and 15 chickens, it's not that hard :barnie
Our chickens are: Crazin (or Cajun), Noodle, Nugget, Dumplin, Biscuit, Popcorn, Nachos, Spicy, BBQ, Sesame, Honey, Teriyaki, Parmesan, Fajita, and Ginger
Cajun-Chicken, Chicken-noodle, Chicken-nugget, chicken-dumplin, chicken-biscuit, chicken-popcorn? Chicken-nacho, spicy-chicken, bbq-chicken, sesame-chicken, Honey-chicken, teriyaki-chicken, chicken-Parmesan, chicken-fajitas, ginger-chicken. This is where my mind went reading your chickens names😂. And now I’m hungry!

Well
I hold the bird and I look around and If I see a cloudy sky I call the bird Cloudy Sky
I hold the bird and I look around and If I see a river running I call the bird River Running.
I hold the bird and I look around and If I see a bear standing I call the bird Standing Bear.

So ya'll come on over and say Hi to Cloudy Sky, River Running, Standing Bear and Two Dogs Fu@%ing.
I was invested I got to the end and cracked up 🤣.

When I was younger I had names for all of them, sometimes having over 30 at a time, nowadays I only have names for probably about half of the 40ish that we have.

Back
Top Bottom