Do you read books more than once?

Quote:
OOHH, these are some of my fav writers. I LOVE the River God series by Wilbur Smith.
bow.gif
. I also LOVE his book Sunbird.
love.gif
. I've read them over and over and over..
I used to LOVE stephen King when I was a LOT younger, but It's sort of faded.. As I grow older, I find I don't remember a lot of details or how a book related to me at the time.
old.gif
When i read it again, I've been a little older and I see it in a different way, or I notice things I didn't before. Sometimes, my memory is so bad.. I will read a book that I've read before and It's like revisiting with an old friend.

I'm also strange in that i will read the last chapter of a book, before I read it to see if I like the ending enough to go through the entire book..
gig.gif

Yes, i was/ am the person that hates surprises, and always wanted to know what was in the gift before birthday or Christmas
ep.gif

I reread almost everything that interests me enough to finish. I almost always find something I've missed, or discover something new about a character I like. I don't know if it is because I read so much, so fast that I don't retain enough so re-reading isn't boring; but I don't think that is enough to explain it.

I think I have reread certain children's books every year since I was old enough to read them the first time. Maybe I'm like a little kid who need's their favorite book read daily for months on end.
gig.gif
I guess I don't understand why everyone doesn't read books multiple times. I have trouble getting through mysteries though. I don't know why but they seldom hold my attention long enough to read every page. With mysteries I tend to read the first few chapters and then I skip to the end. I read a variety of fiction and non-fiction. After watching The King's Speech last night, I've been rereading a book of letters between Wallis Simpson and Edward.

I like having certain books that I can just grab and read a passage that I'm interested in. I think this may be one thing that will frustrate me about my Kindle over the long term. It is still new and I still love it.

On the flip side, I seldom watch a movie more than once. They just don't interest me the second time around.

I am currently re-reading hte Wheel of Time series for about the 8th or so time. Pick up new details every re-read. If I did not like the book, I won't keep it or re-read it, but if I did, I do. I have no idea how many times I've read Madeleine L'Engle's series; lots. I do find on re-reading some books that they just were not quite as good the second time around--that usually has more to do with me and where I was in life the first time I read it, or that my tastes have changed or ...

Reference books, well, they are for reference, and I refer to them as needed; sometimes reading small bits and other times reading large chunks.

I read pretty much constantly and I reread a lot of the time. But some books I cave trouble rereading or no longer have the drive to reread often like the Harry Potter series (after all the books where out).

Quote:
I reread favorite books all the time. Currently rereading Jean Auel because the final one comes out on March 29th!!! YAH!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
Can hardly wait.

Don't be too excited I got an advanced copy and besides the last section (it's divide into 3 sections) it isn't that interesting.

I rarely reread books, maybe 3 or 4 in my life.

At my last job they claimed to practice the Quint Studer Philosophies.(It's a healthcare management thing) I had about 5 different bosses in 5 years, all made us read Hardwiring Excellence 101. I now hate that book.
wink.png

Imp- and you know why it's my former job.

I love books. All my life, I've been a reader. Love how they feel in my hands.

Some books I've had since forever. Like an old friend, I've enjoyed them many
times. To the extent that I keep my favorite ones in a special place, away from
lesser books. Signed copys, or ones I've simply worn out from reading and still
can't seem to part with.

I've seen those e-reader things, don't think I could ever love one. I really, really,
really like the way a book feels in my hands. The weight of the book, the smell of
the paper.

Cherished friends.

I am real fond of Brennan Manning I have read most of Father Mannings books many times a few of of my favs is Abbas child and the ragamuffin gospel
smile.png

my favorite books get read more than once, i'm a speed reader, which can be a pain, so I go back a second time (or more) and savor what I missed the first time, I listen to some more than once, makes light work of coop cleaning when you listen to a good book

Back
Top Bottom