Do you read books more than once?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I saw on the kindle thread that someone mentioned they like to read books more than once. Just wondering how many others do this.

I've never really been able to read books twice. The only books I've been able to read more than once was Animal Farm and a book about the Holocaust called Night. Other than that I usually read a book once. It's not fun for me once I know what happens! It's funny because I can watch movies over and over but can't read most books a second time!

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I don't tend to read books more than once either. I tend to remember just enough to spoil things when trying to re-read a book.

I don't tend to watch movies more than once either.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  3. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I don't read near as much as I used to, but yes, I read favorite books over and over. Watership Down, the Jean Auel series, Sue Harrison series, etc. If I enjoy a story, I like to 're live' it again.

4. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    I have some books that I have read more than once.

5. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Not only do I read books more than once, I *gasp* write in them, too.

It takes years between books though. I like to read it from a new life perspective, after a lot of major changes. As for writing in them, I like to see what I thought then too. A book-related diary, if you will. I also correct cookbooks. Ha.

6. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    I do...I save my favorites & most enjoyed. The ones that really did nothing for me are donated to the local library.

7. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    I reread books that I really liked, usually when I don't have anything else new to read. I have some books that I have read multiple times! I keep all that I really enjoyed and donate others to the library book sale.

8. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Books for enjoyment, 1 time and it is passed along.

Texts - Over and over.

9. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I re-read my favorites over and over. Usually they are longer books, so I'll find that when I re-read, I pick up on things I've missed before.

Books that I've had to rebuy because of over-reading them:

Les Miserables
    Atlas Shrugged
    The Dark Tower series

I also like rereading a lot of my Dean Kootnz, Stephen King, etc books. I like re-reading Nora Roberts too [​IMG]

10. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I am an avid reader, but the ONLY book I have read more than once was The Giver by Lowis Lowry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by