Do you regret the name/names you gave your children?

Mackenzie , my oldest was named after a girl i used to babysit... i still love that name!
KaylaSue, tho was hubbys choice, and while i like the name it wasnt my first choice, i had wanted to name her Natalie Grace, but hubby didnt like that name at all. He liked kayla, so i squeezed in Sue Right along side of it, and her middle name is elizabeth.

i dont regret i named her KaylaSue, im kinda glad i named her that as, she is more a KaylaSue, not a Natalie

i dont like my name tho, Rebecca is soo common, and i would have liked something unusual and unique

course that gets us on the subject of my mom and dad never actually named me.. my birthcertificate says ' Baby Girl Hay' (hay is my maiden name) because they argued about what they wanted to name me.. dad wanted Izabella (spelled that way) mom wanted rebecca.. mom won but forgot to fix my birthcertificate LOL

My only regret is giving middle names. I let the kids know that when they are older they are welcome to legally change their names,and I wouldn't be upset with them over the change.

Quote:
I like your name! I think it's pretty!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you
smile.png
I don't see it that often.

That's what I like about it. Common names like mine just don't seem to have all that much appeal
old.gif

ray's two cents :

That's what I like about it. Common names like mine just don't seem to have all that much appeal
old.gif

well, I've met a couple people with my name in my life. Strangely, one of them is a 5 yr old girl who just moved in next door! However, I am the only person (first/last name) on Facebook, so I think that makes it pretty rare!​

How many people are named Judas? It is thought to be the worst name to ever give someone.

A name I cannot stand is Gwen it is not a gweat name but sound like a name that is purposefully mispronounced.

Last edited:
Quote:
well, I've met a couple people with my name in my life. Strangely, one of them is a 5 yr old girl who just moved in next door! However, I am the only person (first/last name) on Facebook, so I think that makes it pretty rare!

Isn't that odd! Throughout my schooling, I've always had at least two people with the same name in my year level (I've switched schools a number of times) and there are about twenty pages of results on FB for people with my full name
lol.png

My mother hates, hates, hates her name Tela.
If we go out to eat at places where they have to call your name..she always gives one of our names...
lol.png

My kids like their names (thankfully) and I've no regrets except that I would have liked my oldest to go mostly by the middle name. Both have biblical names and both love the meaning behind their names. Their names are not commonly given names and I chose them carefully with the kids' future in mind. They like that their names are somewhat unique. I've known some parents that named their kids names that they terribly regret, and also kids that later changed their names legally or that let it be known to all that they will be going by a new name. When I was young I did not like my name because it was a little unusual for the time and I got teased everyday because of it. I had no issues with it after grade school and came to appreciate it as an heirloom name, as did others. Unique, but not too unique, can be good.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom