DO you sell your eggs?

littlebanty

Songster
12 Years
Oct 31, 2007
West Melbourne, Florida
I was over run with eggs and placed an ad online. SInce then...everyone has been calling me for eggs! $2.00 dozen. One guy today wiped me out! Everyone said that they would come back for more. Looks like I will need to get more chicks!

I sell anywhere from 3-7 dozen a week. My girls pay for their own food.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thats what I was hoping to do! I hope there isnt a law against regualrly selling eggs without being a business. I sold 4 1/2 dozen just this week alone! And more people want to buy.

We usually end up giving ours away faster than we can sell them. A few teachers at local schools buy them every now and then, even though we don't ask for money! My mom gives them to family or we use them all ourselves.

Quote:
Thats what I was hoping to do! I hope there isnt a law against regualrly selling eggs without being a business. I sold 4 1/2 dozen just this week alone! And more people want to buy.

Where I live you can sell them off of your property without paying taxes on them. If I sold them off of my property I would have to charge sales tax and blaa blaa blaa.

With the ads and such I have a waiting list now. My next lady wants 3 doz by the end of next week. The girls are going to have to get some red pepper tomorrow to keep up!

I sell my extras to a local health food store. They take as many as I can bring in--usually anywhere from 4-8 doz, depending on how they are laying and what we use for cooking.
The hens are able to be treated a little more because they pay for their own extra goodies.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom