Do you talk to your chickens?

• Yes, and they talk back

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, but they never talk back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, are you crazy?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i always walk up to the coop before i open the door and say 'HELLO LADIES! and gents.' as i have 2 young boys in there that my neighbors so far are ok with.

those roos in my basement i have to hide till they have better homes get a 'Hello, my beautiful boys!' and a lot of 'bwak bwak, buk buk ba baa' to get them going

i always talk to them so they know where i am at since most in my coop are underfoot looking for treats or attention and may get stepped on if not carefully watching or listening to me. i have a 2 houdans so this is helpful to them too.

i talk in both english and chicken to them so they may someday talk back in english. hehe

Yes, we talk a lot, my little chickens and me...

smile.png

Nearly every time I walk into the coop, I say, "Hello, my little chickadees!"

I talk to them when I'm in the coop... Exchange pleasantries, or tell the roo to settle down when he starts getting uppity.

I tell them what greens they will be getting today.

I praise them when there are eggs in the nestboxes, and tell them how many more they need to lay to get six for the day. I don't give them BOSSes before bedtime if they don't make six. I tell the roo he better get them girls working if he wants any seeds tonight. "I'm sorry, but you chooks know the quota."

Sometimes they YELL back. lol
hehe i love talking to them, i love getting them to do that weird yelling noise that they do, it is to cute, i make it back to them and they will do it again,

what has me laughing lately, one of my neighbors confessed to me that he has been talking to them when he sees them. he get them to start up a ruckus when he doesn't hear them clucking away while he's home and outside.

I talk to my birds a lot. Without even thinking about it I call the girls "Babes", "Sweat Peas" "Girlies" or "Honeys". I try not to call the roos those girly names but say "buddy" or "bud". When I am talking to them all I call them "kids". When my roos crow I sometimes say back to them, "I am as big as you". To me it seems like they are saying that and I answer them. Mine answer back, too. I talk to them about all sorts of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I talk to my girls everyday. I even have some that will try to out talk me.
love.gif
I can call my rooster to me when they are out in the yard.....How could you not talk to those sweet face, fluffy butts... I love it when they give you the stink eye.
How can you not just love chickens.....

Back
Top Bottom