Does anybody know what this is?

Cocci can and often does occur without blood in the droppings. The lack of blood does not mean the bird does not have coccidiosis. Birds on wire can still get the disease--birds poop in their water and sometimes in their feed; they peck at droppings on the wire, ...

Terramycin has no affect on coccidia, which are a protozoa, not a bacteria. I would try the corrid or sulmet, whichever you can acquire, to see if it makes a difference. The general dose per gallon for most medicines is a tablespoon, not a teaspoon, but you need to verify for each specific med.

Thanks:) no this is not their permanant residence, I found the two of them this morning in the back of the chicken house, and stuck them in there so I can treat them. They live in a huge chicken run that we built with hardwood floors, with fresh shavings down on the floor, then they go through this 3by3 hole in the back of the run into a room that also has fresh shavings. And thats where they sleep and where I foun these two this morning. I now have put fresh hay in thier pen where they are staying now to keep them worm. And i'll have to try giving them some yogurt, I bet they will like that. Thanks for everybodys help:)

Is there any possibility that they have gotten into any kind of poison or anything? Perhaps eaten moldy feed? Anything along those lines?

Oh dang it, I am so sorry you lost one of them--I wish I knew exactly what to tell you.

I am so so sorry....
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom