does anyone call there chickens silly names

GGBEAR

Songster
5 Years
May 6, 2014
Rotherham
Hello I know I'm not the only one who does this but ive named all my chickens normal names but then ive got one that ive nicknamed a silly name.
Its my bluebell she just looks massive compared to the other's and when she runs I cant stop laughing so ive named her fatty Arbuckle!!!!!!
Anyone else care to share there stupid nicknames?? :)

My sister named her two white sulmtaler pullets "Frick and Frack". It is a joint name, one isn't Frick and the other Frack. They are Frick and Frack. Probably didn't help that they look alike so giving individual names seemed futile.

Of course some of them end up with silly alternate names.

My 2 bold Barred Rocks, who are officially named Maggie and Millie, are called the M&M girls. Here is a photo of them when they were molting last fall.

and when they were younger.

Nestor is called Little Buster.

Last edited:
Oh yeah.
Silkie hen-chicken nugget
Silkie roo-Bigboy
4 barnyard mixes-matilda, maude, maverick, martha. May have to change matilda to magnum. Looking boyish. LOL

I had a little bantam roo, and named him "roast beef"!
wink.png

My chick kids are named the following.. My 1st girls were Tater tot, Sara lee, Sally mae & Sue wee. Then came Betty crocker, Paula deen, Jack sparrow (bc of bad eye) & Ellie mae. Ellie had 2 kids named Sophia mae & Moon pie. Paula had a kid named Dust bunny (what he looked like when he was first born). We added Sassy pants and then finally we got the Pie twins. They were suppose to be sisters (look much like twins) and were named Pecan pie & Pumpkin pie. Pecan turned out to a Wal'nut' pie because he's a roo.
More will probably follow. I had 1 small special girl that only lived a week and her name was Peanut butter, peanut bc she was so small.

Hello I know I'm not the only one who does this but ive named all my chickens normal names but then ive got one that ive nicknamed a silly name.
Its my bluebell she just looks massive compared to the other's and when she runs I cant stop laughing so ive named her fatty Arbuckle!!!!!!
Anyone else care to share there stupid nicknames?? :)

Yes I have a chick called Pom and Mr T xD
And my fav rooster I have ever had was name Muck because when we bought him he have poo on this face.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom