Does anyone have any patience I can borrow? NOSE PRINTS ON MY BATOR!

Catwalk I have been using the carton method to hatch but it seems when it is Seramas they pip at the wrong end alot, I just happened to look and one of the two once again was and needed some help that I have in the past missed because of carton medthod and they have died sooo I am from now on just going to let them be on there sides to check better for pips!

I have a couple of questions about seramas.

1. How long do they take to hatch? Mine are on day 21 and nothing so far? I thought they were suppose to hatch on day 19.

2. How do you check if they have pipped if you aren't suppose to open the incubator?

3. What do you feed yours when they first hatch? Someone told me to crush up regular chicken starter and someone else told me mash up chicken eggs?

I am worried none of mine are going to hatch.

Mine are on day 22 and it just hatched this morning, so do not give up yet!

Did you candle on day 18 before you locked down? Did the eggs all look full?

If you do not have windowns on your bator, you cannot check for pips without opening. If you have windows, just look through the windows and see what you can see
smile.png

I crush chick starter for mine. I have tried feeding mashed egg yolk in the past in addition to the chick starter (for extra protein), but the little farts would not touch it.

ETA: I have had mine hatch anywhere from late day 19 to day 22 (this time), so they vary, just like other chickens
smile.png

Last edited:
YEA!!! There is still hope. Yes I candled and all looked full but they are just laying there. I can see through my incubator but I don't see anything, unless they pipped on the underside. I am anxiously waiting, wandering, hoping, and getting nothing else done.

Mine ARE on their sides. They're chirping away, but they're not coming out. Get out get out get out get out! I wanna love you and hold you and squeeze you and kiss you why don't you GET OUT!!!!

The chirping is so loud! Why are they taunting me like this? Wasn't it Poe who wrote about the sound of someone's beating heart haunting him and driving him crazy? He's just lucky his raven wasn't brooding at the same time!

Yes, lol ... that was Poe. I did that piece in HS speech competition. Never got anywhere with it ... it is too overdone. I think it was called the Dead Heart or something like that? I cannot ever remember (has it really been 9 years?!)

Just had #5 pop out just minutes ago! Have another couple zipping and several more pips
big_smile.png
I have 2 SSH out and several more pipped, they take forever from pip to zip
roll.png
they are mean!

Yay Rizq! Mine are hatching too! The chirping sounds so much sweeter from this side of the shell. I have three out and one more pipped. Two aren't doing anything, which is a shame. The breeder labled the eggs, and the way she abbreviated "colonial pair" looks like "Col. Pain" to me. I was really counting on him, just because he amuses me already.

Back
Top Bottom