Does anyone know how a calico silkie like this could be replicated?

Interesting. How do you get that?
Well, it's not that simple. Tolbunt is created through Gold Laced plus Mottling. Mottling is recessive, so it needs two copies to show.

Gold Laced Polish X Spangled(Mottled) OEGB = 25% Black patterned Gold Incomplete Double Laced/Half Spangled Females(Split for Mottling), & 25% Black Patterned Gold incomplete Laced/Half Spangled Males(Split for mottling)

The fun part would be breeding the offspring together. You'd get alot of mixed patterns, solid patterns, some mottled, & a small percentage of tolbunt.

Breeding other ways, like split mottled double Laced daughter, to gold laced father will produce mainly none split mottled offspring, & small percentage of split mottled offspring. Taking the split mottled male offspring from them, & breeding back to the daughter/mother will still result in lots of mixed patterned offspring, & a small amount of Tolbunt.

Someone else maybe able to explain the process better then I can. It's a coloration I'm not 100% familiar with.

Well, it's not that simple. Tolbunt is created through Gold Laced plus Mottling. Mottling is recessive, so it needs two copies to show.

Gold Laced Polish X Spangled(Mottled) OEGB = 25% Black patterned Gold Incomplete Double Laced/Half Spangled Females(Split for Mottling), & 25% Black Patterned Gold incomplete Laced/Half Spangled Males(Split for mottling)
25% each of males and females leaves the other 50% of chicks not accounted for. I think it should be 50% each of the males and females, unless there is some other coloring that you aren't listing.

The fun part would be breeding the offspring together. You'd get alot of mixed patterns, solid patterns, some mottled, & a small percentage of tolbunt.
I agree, that should work. Lots of colors & patterns in that generation, with proably a few Tolbunts if someone hatches a large number of chicks.

Breeding the Tolbunts to each other should produce more Tolbunts, some better than others but all showing the gold, the black, and the mottling.

25% each of males and females leaves the other 50% of chicks not accounted for. I think it should be 50% each of the males and females, unless there is some other coloring that you aren't listing.
I had help with percentages from the Chicken Calculator. That's all it showed for first crossing in 4 lines.

OEGB is just what I used as for the mottling, cuz I have no idea what mottled breed was introduced into Gold Laced Polish, to produce the tolbunt color pattern.

Back
Top Bottom