Does greenish tinged coelom fluid mean infection?

Pics
Oops. Missed this pic…
1172016E-E32F-4C5B-BFE9-B5D01C355463.jpeg

Lucky got one capsule this morning, but I was only about to get somewhere between 25 and 30 cc of warm water into her. Her crop was still quite full. I could hear a little bit of crackling or gurgling when I handled her, as well. That makes me sad, but I’m going to see her in a little over half an hour since I have to drop my daughter up the hill.

Last edited:
There was no change in Lucky when I saw her at lunch. I gave her some frozen coconut oil and then some warm water with nutridrench for an energy boost. Her crop was full and she was fighting, so I only got about 25mL in. I’m losing a bit of hope, but will keep trying. I think the color of her comb has gotten cooler yet, and she is getting weaker. However, she always seems a little better after these sessions. She went for some wet feed when I put her back out.

Last edited:
I don’t know, you guys. I felt sad and sorry for Lucky being man handled today. I just wanted to hold her. After giving her coconut oil and vitamin water earlier, she climbed onto me and pushed her body against mine. I think she did it for comfort. She has done this for some time now, as she’s a chicken who tolerates and maybe even likes being handled. I am SO BUMMED I have not been able to get things moving. She might just be shutting down. Poor baby. I’ll give her warm vitamin water tonight if her crop has room. Not sure if I should do more oil or enzymes in the morning.
I can probably run up the hill and see her at lunch tomorrow, but that will be it until Friday night.

Back
Top Bottom