Does my chick have coccidiosis?

4 Georgia Hens

Crowing
Jan 3, 2017
Northern Georgia
Hello everybody! I have a chick (it’s a couple weeks old) who I believe is very sick. I found it today hunched over, its eyes were closed, and its feathers were ruffled up. It was all by itself in a corner. I inspected it and it has no visible injuries or abnormalities apart from this odd behavior. I have seen no other warning signs like odd fecal matter or anything else similar to that but I’m assuming that this may be cocci. I would love some insight on Corid dosages and how to treat the rest of my flock. Thank you all in advance.

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
My Coop
Hello everybody! I have a chick (it’s a couple weeks old) who I believe is very sick. I found it today hunched over, its eyes were closed, and its feathers were ruffled up. It was all by itself in a corner. I inspected it and it has no visible injuries or abnormalities apart from this odd behavior. I have seen no other warning signs like odd fecal matter or anything else similar to that but I’m assuming that this may be cocci. I would love some insight on Corid dosages and how to treat the rest of my flock. Thank you all in advance.
See this thread for dosage information.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/does-coccidiosis-kill-overnight.1381424/

Top Bottom