Does this look like bumble foot?

baileybiddi

Chirping
Feb 2, 2023
Hello!
I noticed these dark spots on my Swedish flower hen’s toes. They are symmetrical on both feet. I brought her inside and soaked her feet in an epsom salt bath to get a better look. I’m wondering if this is a case of bumble foot or could they just be callouses? I also noticed that my other Swedish flower hen has the same thing in the exact same spots. Is this just a strange coincidence? I don’t want to treat for bumble foot and potentially cause more problems if it’s something I don’t need to worry about.
D5AFF5BF-95EE-4617-B402-F2CA1DD24F45.jpeg

Looks like irritation or injury, maybe from roosts, not bumblefoot yet, but could potential become it. I would treat topically with some triple antibiotic ointment daily and keep an eye on it. Check roosts, ramps, etc. for anything that could be rubbing or causing irritation.

Hello!
I noticed these dark spots on my Swedish flower hen’s toes. They are symmetrical on both feet. I brought her inside and soaked her feet in an epsom salt bath to get a better look. I’m wondering if this is a case of bumble foot or could they just be callouses? I also noticed that my other Swedish flower hen has the same thing in the exact same spots. Is this just a strange coincidence? I don’t want to treat for bumble foot and potentially cause more problems if it’s something I don’t need to worry about. View attachment 3393617
PRID salve gets rid of it in a few days of application. It worked like a miracle on my hens and quail

Back
Top Bottom