Does your sense of humor get you in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can't belive you would say somthing like that about my kitty!!"
roll.png
Whaaaaatever...
lol.png

I get in trouble because of my twisted sense of humor aaaaaall the time.
cool.png

You betcha.

The things people say, the way they say them, the way things are spelled on signs, the punctuation used (or mis-used), the juxtaposition of objects/people/whatever, all those things trigger my snickers.

Although I do have a governor on what I say, sometimes I just totally forget that a dry or wry sense of humor isn't always appreciated by others. I can't stand slap-stick, so I tend to think quiet verbal swordplay - or just a quick feint - is much more acceptable. Ooops. Not always so.

In my cubicle at work, I have a small metal sculpture of a person holding a sign: "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

I love to make people laugh. If you are not laughing, you are way too serious for my taste. My humor is in my quips and smart backsideness. Do I get in trouble? Well duh..... all humorists get in trouble at one time or another. Example... I have a new neighbor. She married my neighbor last year, we've been to dinner over there, been to several parties together etc. One day she was spouting off all of this senseless trivia. It's like..."How do you know all that crap?" Lol! Anyway...on facebook, I started posting on her wall, one senseless piece of trivia a day. I thought it was hillarious. I was going to add to her repertoire. Ha!...... Not one word from her. Not one. Guess who doesn't have a sense of humor. After 2 days of silence, I quit. Sigh Oh well..... we can't all be funny, I guess....
roll.png

Quote:
Well ok miss holty tolty, just what the heck is a "juxtaposition" ?
big_smile.png
I get in trouble on this forum all the time. I even made my tag line or whatever you call it , "No sense of humor, no jokes" to remind me not to respond to serious questions like "Do chickens need a night light?"

So I respond with , Only if they're reading a really good book and Only if they're afraid of the dark. I got away with that one but OMG, mother in law comments! Help me Jesus. You'd think she was still alive the way some people jump on me for those.

As for the dachsund comment, you should have said "at least if you get lost, you can start a fire , put em on a stick and have weiners for dinner".
lol.png
Lord have mercy!

I gave my wife a funny looking bird figure for her desk holding a sign that says "I'm already imagining the duct tape over your mouth".

See what galls me is nobody thinks it's wrong to make jokes about us short people, but boy you just make a joke about your mother in law and you ketch the dickens. It's not my fault that as a kid she was so ugly she had to trick or treat by phone.

Anyhow it's a good thing I'm so old I can deal with it. Seriously I'm so old if I acted my age I'd be dead.

If ya could get away with it, sometimes ya wanna say "getta life!".

Lov ya anyhow

Rancher

OOOhhhhh, he spelled Luv wrong let's kick him off the forum!
lau.gif

Quote:
Well ok miss holty tolty, just what the heck is a "juxtaposition" ?
big_smile.png
I get in trouble on this forum all the time. I even made my tag line or whatever you call it , "No sense of humor, no jokes" to remind me not to respond to serious questions like "Do chickens need a night light?"

So I respond with , Only if they're reading a really good book and Only if they're afraid of the dark. I got away with that one but OMG, mother in law comments! Help me Jesus. You'd think she was still alive the way some people jump on me for those.

As for the dachsund comment, you should have said "at least if you get lost, you can start a fire , put em on a stick and have weiners for dinner".
lol.png
Lord have mercy!

I gave my wife a funny looking bird figure for her desk holding a sign that says "I'm already imagining the duct tape over your mouth".

See what galls me is nobody thinks it's wrong to make jokes about us short people, but boy you just make a joke about your mother in law and you ketch the dickens. It's not my fault that as a kid she was so ugly she had to trick or treat by phone.

Anyhow it's a good thing I'm so old I can deal with it. Seriously I'm so old if I acted my age I'd be dead.

If ya could get away with it, sometimes ya wanna say "getta life!".

Lov ya anyhow

Rancher

OOOhhhhh, he spelled Luv wrong let's kick him off the forum!
lau.gif

Rancher...I think it's awful when someone says... You're so short, you're the last one to know when it's raining...Or you're so short, you need a stepladder to put gas in your car. I hate those jokes! I like the subtle ones.. like one time my friend found a momma possum that had babies in her pouch. I told her, "You have to save them! They lead people that are lost in the woods straight to the highway.
roll.png

Quote:
lol.png
Heck, all she'd have to do is outrun the dogs--considering their short legs it wouldn't be hard.

I find I often have to be careful when answering people's questions on this forum, not so much about the question but the way they ask it calls for a smart a--answer. i.e. Will chicken...?( fill in the blanks) the obvious answer is "heck yes, if yours are doing it then they will."

This is the hardest part for me to resist. I want to let go with a smart a-- answer so bad sometimes. My sense of humor has lost me more than I care to count. I also have a habit of saying rather shocking things. Like everyone is sitting around asking each other what they want to do. So I say "Let get naked and run around the park"
th.gif
That one lost me a few friends, and then there were the friends that have never forgotten even after nearly 30 years. If they really knew me, there was no way that I would have done it. I just wanted to shock them. I succeeded beyond my expectations. I also love British humor. I subscribe to the theory that "Life is to short to look for offence, it will find you fast enough without your needing to look for it".

Another thing I have done is find something to be happy about everyday. I have to say I am much happier now.

Oh man I think I love ya'll. I get into SOOO much trouble at work for my sick humor. I had a guy grab something out of a bin and asl me where the item was. I told him to go down two aisles, make a left, go down two more aisles and make another left. When he did it, I was ROLLING. My manager didn't think it was so funny. I do that all the time to people, one guy who comes in all te time thinks I'm hilarious... My co-workers are finally getting used to it...

I also like to scream in agony when burning web worms I've cut from my plum trees... The only person I know who laughs with me Is my mother, who gave me my humor. Thankfully I have ya'll.
smile.png

I just had to delete a comment on "he's going into the soup pot when my hubby gets home" thread. Darn, I hated to let that go.
smile.png

But I might have gotten into trouble--self-censorship is tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom