Dog Attack! Help!!! *PICS* Great news!!!!

Quote:
neosporin is fine the ones to stay away from are antyhing with "cane" in the name...solarcane, lanocane (sp) it is toxic

I used Pro-pet Itch relief.
Helps soothe skin irritations caused by hotspots, minor cuts and insect bites.

These are the ingredients :
Active ingredient 0.5% Hydrocortisone Base, U.S.P
Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Vera Gel, Diazolindinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Water.

I think that you just need an antibiotic ointment right now (without 'pain reliever'). Anything else will just get in the way... It's not gonna itch her until it scabs, I think.
She looks okay BTW.

She looks okay...

Don't do anything that will close that bite wound because that will give a place for infection to start.

The diluted betadine is a good thing that JJ suggested. It's a great antibacterial. If you can get a squirt bottle and just spray it in there, that would be a good thing too.

Good luck with her.

Bec,
I too have a dog that is well trained, but I will never trust him around my chickens. You are right, a dog will be a dog, and it takes a matter of seconds.
I hope she makes it. Great advice here for treatments, thanks to all who shared. Learn more every time I read the posts. My chickens are pets. I would try everything possible, but I would also cull them if they were to the point of beyond any hope.
She is in good hands, and I hope for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
If you have a large syringe without the needle that works pretty good for dribbling water on her beak. It's less messy anyway. I also discovered that as mine healed, she got crankier and smarter about avoiding her meds. I ended up adding them to cucumber puree (Pooh's favorite!).
Good luck. She's a pretty girl!

*edited by staff to remove offensive and inflammatory remarks**

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom