Dog attack! Split skin behind head/neck/back

Thanks so much for the info about the sutures. I got a couple in but I’ll remember to remove them if she makes it. I think I may have messed up though because I numbed the edges with lidocaine so I could get those few stitches in!!! That was a good while ago though, do you think I did more damage then good? I’ll try to get some pics.
No, you did fine.
Good job.

She will do incredible but keep it clean! Tomorrow I would give her a bath with Epson salts but for tonight keep her safe and warm in a dark place she's going to need the rest. And yes there's millions of chickens in the world but non are the same
Thank you!! I’m glad I didn’t give up on her, even if it doesn’t turn out well. Every baby deserves a chance :)

Your doing Great! Just wake her to make her drink a few drops.
Tommorow is a new day.
The topical lidocaine last up to 60 min. After its removed.
The problem with use on chickens is their is no difference between a therapeutic effect and toxic effect.
If you are able to use a piece of gauze or Q-tip, wipe it off but you have to be very careful. Otherwise, leave it because you have no other choice.

Your doing Great! Just wake her to make her drink a few drops.
Tommorow is a new day.
The topical lidocaine last up to 60 min. After its removed.
The problem with use on chickens is their is no difference between a therapeutic effect and toxic effect.
If you are able to use a piece of gauze or Q-tip, wipe it off but you have to be very careful. Otherwise, leave it because you have no other choice.
It’s way past that now, and honestly I can’t say how much actually made it’s way into her system because I was focused on just getting those edges back together. But, I’ve been giving her water through a dropper every hour and just now she perked up a little and took some nibbles! I’ll go to bed soon and update in the morning. Fingers crossed!

Well, surprisingly, she is eating on her own this morning. Just about to check her wounds. I’m thinking about calling her Stitch after my panicked error :).
She is not thrilled that I’m putting more ointment on her wound, which I think is a good sign. She’s less tired, even chirping a bit here and there. Her back seam is holding together in the middle still, but the edges are still kind of open, although surprisingly it looks a little more “together” than it did last night. I don’t know how I’m going to get those stitches out, it’s such tiny thread and I can barely see them under her feathers! Also that tiny hole is hard to see. I put a decent glob of ointment on it last night so it may just be coated.

Back
Top Bottom