Dog Attack!!!

Cute picture! I had to put baby cloths on a hen to prevent access to a wound. If you are lucky AC will fine the owner for failure to control the dog.

Cute picture! I had to put baby cloths on a hen to prevent access to a wound. If you are lucky AC will fine the owner for failure to control the dog.

Here's the thing...AC never showed. I was shocked; my in-laws were not. Apparently, that's the norm around here. So...guess I won't be counting on them in future, huh?

I do feel for the guy, in a way. It's not like he was walking the dog down my street without a collar or leash. The dog was in his car. He probably did not even consider the possibility that his dog might leave the safety of the car. But I would NEVER let my dog out my door, let alone off the property, without her collar and tags, and I bet he won't now, either.

They call that "impact learning".

Be somewhat careful when the lady with the dress is introduced to her friend, chances are they won't be the friends they once were. Plus if the friend sees the wound, she prolly gonna pick at it. Just keep her cloths on.
big_smile.png
lau.gif

Last edited:
Be somewhat careful when the lady with the dress is introduced to her friend, chances are they won't be the friends they once were. Plus if the friend sees the wound, she prolly gonna pick at it. Just keep her cloths on.
big_smile.png
lau.gif

Yup! We already had a short re-introduction, through the courtyard gate. They were very happy to see each other. More on that here: http://heedleyshens.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/bored-now/

She will be having a one-on-one playdate with her BO sister today, and I will keep her with her flock for short periods each day (with the dress on, and the wound is covered in BluKote), then I'll let her spend the whole day with them, before letting her go back to the coop to roost at night.

This is my first time dealing with an injured girl...it's stressful!

Buffy got a new dress today as the old one was getting a tad Blu-Kote-y. I thought I'd let her go naked for a bit to air out her feathers and her nethers, but she went right for the wound. And, so...dress number two.

That's a great idea for keeping the wound protected and clean while it heals...and she looks stylish to boot!

I just love the tassel things. Just too cute. What are you going to do when the rest of your chickens start faking being hurt so they can get their own wardrobe?
D.gif

Last edited:
I just love the tassel things. Just too cute. What are you going to do when the rest of your chickens start faking being hurt so they can get their own wardrobe?
D.gif

Oh, I don't think that's going to be a problem. Buffy HATES it. Getting her into the second one was a three-person job. Playdate with some of her sisters today!

Back
Top Bottom