Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Seems like a pain in the behind (as it always is in dealing with the government) with all the applications and affidavits and then waiting until March. Probably not even worth the aggravation unless it's a major loss like one might have with cattle or sheep.

I wonder too if it's only in cases where the dog's owners cannot be located, otherwise it lets them off the hook, which doesn't seem right.

273.120. Examination of applications, pass judgment. — The county commission shall between the first and fifteenth days of March of each year hereafter meet in session to consider and examine said applications and affidavits covering losses over a period of one year, which said year shall be from the first of March of the year prior to the meeting of said commission to the last day of February of the same year on which it meets. The commission shall examine carefully each application and affidavit which has been filed before the first day of March, and after hearing all evidence in the matter shall pass such judgment as the commission may deem equitable.
Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington and Oregon all have funding and theirs vary from other states because they have wolves. If you have problems with a Husky it could be because some have a lot of wolf in them. If you're dealing with a pack of Huskies you could have a serious problem with keeping your livestock alive. Don't let the "local" rules confuse you. Contact your county commissioners and Sheriffs office with any questions. You can call always contact your County Commission office and ask to attend a Commissioners meeting thats open to the public so you can ask questions. They'll allocate time for you at the meeting and answer your questions. It will all be documented in the minutes (you can get a copy later if you like.)Be prepared and you won't lose anymore money to deadbeat dog owners who let their dogs kill your livestock then won't pay you for them(trust me the county will collect from them) https://agsci.source.colostate.edu/...-for-reintroducing-gray-wolves-into-colorado/

Each State has Animal Control Officers who investigate reimbursement claims upon the State for damages to livestock by dogs and negotiates fair market value of injured or killed animals Below is a complete list of other duties for a Connecticut State Animal Control Officer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 16-17-23 State Animal Control Officer.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 16-17-23 State Animal Control Officer.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
You might want to put the focus in the right reality. Loss of human life. A running loose pack of dogs have done serious harm to humans and worse children. It was the stance I took when I realized my neighbors were letting this mutt guardian something like Colorado dog?? Loose under my. Pasture fences to dog fight my guardians when I left to go into town for supplies. I made a report Every Where sighting a lethal situation towards. The loss of human life so they have to be responsible. Hear awful mental problems with these Colorado dogs. Once that dog got a taste to fighting he was traveling 3 miles when he was loose to our property digging under fencing and going through 2 more layers of cross fencing to were the house and my dogs are with the small animals at night and when I'm gone. The breeds you mentioned are no joke in a pack. Yes on a continuous feed camera. I like the 4ks. They expensive but they good mine are over a year old none stop and still in good working shape

Things appear to be calming. My inner fence has blocked access of dogs to barn area where chickens and single dog of mine (Flo) is kept. Chickens can now be let out during day again. Neighbor has more of his dogs penned but at least one Husky still comes across property line fence although not when I am there so far.

I want this thread to die down due to lack of bad.

Last edited:
My neighbor is starting to act up again. He is having issues with me keeping my dogs confined. Fencing will have to be our future form of communication.

From this point forward, I will ignore his communications as they are only focused on past. His dogs still crossing boundary but cannot get to chickens. If they come further into property, then SSS will be employed as other measures not working.

Their dogs came over in force today. Honey and Pup Pup with my help pushed the dogs out. We did it very slowly and stopped just on our side of property boundary. One neighbor noticed intensification of barking and came out to see me and my dogs. That neighbor alerted others, and all came running out to collect their dogs as we pushed them back across the fence. There was begging for me not to shoot their dogs. The people were running and out of breath policing up the dogs. One said the dogs got out. I said "does not matter. they are not to be on my property." They appeared to think I had a firearm even though I did not. I had an adult witness on my side of fence. I stated we are witnessing the dogs doing exactly what they (neighbors owning dogs and catching them at the time) have been saying is not happening on the internet.

The main character I have been dealing with was not present, just two women from different households and a man that was lying a lot with previous conversations.

If motivated I could have dropped two dogs easily, but I kept my cool. It is the holiday season.

You are an honorable man, Mr C.
I'm still trying to do the right thing. This must be resolved in some fashion because I'm already looking hard to goats just to test fencing and my management ability. A jenny will be coming to. My dogs will be taught how to work around here, but neighbors being stupid will get into it with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom