Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Are there many coyotes near you? I have a lot of vacation time and would like to do some night predator calling in different scenery. All set up with state of the art night vision.

First round of trapping underway. I will be listening to female dog confined to barnyard area and her mother that is free-range while centered on house. Neighbors are indicated when Flo in barn barks rapidly 4 times and Honey barks very deeply three times and starts moving in direction of barn. Camera has been readjusted so dogs jumping against fence like last night will be recorded.

Your barn is a distance from the house, and I'm sure the dog barking is probably the most reliable indicator, but if you have an old baby monitor available you may see if it has a range that allows you use it as a supplement. I know the one we have in our one coop allows us to hear disturbances quickly. Thankfully it's usually just a hen proud of her egg laying efforts. But it has alerted us to a few night critters.

Your barn is a distance from the house, and I'm sure the dog barking is probably the most reliable indicator, but if you have an old baby monitor available you may see if it has a range that allows you use it as a supplement. I know the one we have in our one coop allows us to hear disturbances quickly. Thankfully it's usually just a hen proud of her egg laying efforts. But it has alerted us to a few night critters.
I used that approach a several years ago, but picked up too many aliens that were obviously drunk. When trying to get real time sounds I can use a GoPro camera linked to cell phone or tablet via bluetooth. I don't know if you saw my Great-horned Owl recording efforts.

I used that approach a several years ago, but picked up too many aliens that were obviously drunk. When trying to get real time sounds I can use a GoPro camera linked to cell phone or tablet via bluetooth. I don't know if you saw my Great-horned Owl recording efforts.
I had not seen the owl event, is it a free standing thread or a discussion within another thread. I can review it to save you going back over details you've already covered.

I had not seen the owl event, is it a free standing thread or a discussion within another thread. I can review it to save you going back over details you've already covered.

Search for the following stand-alone threads all initiated by me.

Great-horned Owl Fun 2021

Great-horned Owl Fun 2020

Great-horned Owl Fun 2019

Great-horned Owl Fun 2018

Great-horned Owl Fun 2017

Great-horned Owl Fun 2016

Great-horned Owl Fun 2015

That's how I ended up with my dog - who is properly secured, loved and cared for. That would be a better situation for the dogs, most likely, if they are adoptable.
Some of us will go out of our way in order to save a dogs life! I've got 2 rescue dogs myself! (one's an escape artist and why I ended up with him!) I commend the OP for trying to save these dogs lives rather than shoot them! Especially considering how many dogs his neighbors have!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom