Dog is back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I'm with everyone else, get a trap (if you are not willing to shoot it) get a store bought chicken and put it in the trap. Once caught call animal control, don't tell them you know who's dog it is, hopefully it won't have a chip or tags.. (you can always take the tag off if he won't bite) that way if no chip or tag, they won't be able to contact the owner and the dog can be put up for adoption. Neighbor asks if you've seen their dog? no you haven't.. tell them if they didn't let it run loose, he'd not have run off.

A few years back I had a neighbor like this. When I first moved in, the very first time I meet her, she has this HUGE dog, like 4ft tall, with her. She says, "hi, I'm your neighbor. This is my dog scooby. Hes aggressive towards small animals and children." My jaw hit the floor. I'm moving in with my chickens, my dog, and my 5 yr old son. Now, this lady has jo fence around her property, and has a SHEET for a FRONT DOOR!!! Omg!

Fast forward a few months, same neighbor is stealing hay from me, and the dog is repeatedly on my property. So I immediately go about putting up another layer of fencing with locking gates, encompassing my entire 2 acres. I now have 3 layers of fencing around my original backyard, which is where my son and chickens play.

After this, my neighbors dog repeatedly tears up my fence, and one time is in my back yard, on my back deck, barking and growling at me and my son inside our house. I bashed the dog with the door and it ran back out the fence and went home. I immediately went outside screaming at the neighbor about her dog and she just shrugs. I told her that dog was gonna end up shot one day and went and reported it to animal control.

Nothing stopped. One night, he tore up the fence again, and took my dog gallivanting around the neighborhood with him. Luckily, she was an AWESOME dog, because they made their way to another neighbors house and scooby decided to try to attack one of the neighbors. They shot him, he ran out into the road and got hit by a car. They called animal control, who came and picked up both the neighbors and my dog.

Animal control called me and brought her back, no charges, because she was literally right behind my property, microchipped, and (in the animal control lady's own words), a super cool dog who just chilling on the porch with the guys drinking beer. She asked if I knew the other dog, and I said it was probably my neighbors, but I'd have to see. It was the neighbors dog, of course, and he was in bad shape. Couldn't be saved shape.

I ended up telling her everything that had been happening, and she told me I was well within my rights to have shot that dog a long time ago, and the lady was lucky no one ever got bit because she would have had some serious trouble on her hands.

My favorite piece of wisdom when it comes to issues like this came from an old cowboy. He told me, the difference between a pet and a pest is which side of the fence it's on. That goes for both sides of the fence. I would shoot it personally. It's a lot better than what could/will happen to you, your children, or anymore of your pets, or anyone elses, and what could potentially happen to the dog. What if someone is out jogging with their small dog?

I looked at those large traps and they are expensive! I doubt my husband would agree to that. I may call animal control and ask about renting one from them. See if that is even possible. I also think that our HOA will pitch a fit if they see a large trap in our back yard. Our yard is visible from the road.

Have you checked to see what the HOAs rules on dogs might be? Mine would never permit a dog to be unleashed FOR ANY REASON. Perhaps they could do something.

Why I live in NH - the live free or die state.
I know! - But also the freezing-cold during Winter state!
full

I know! - But also the freezing-cold during Winter state!
full
you're not kidding. We live at elevations - so cold and absurd negative wind chills. But - I love it. Wife - hoping we'll move somewhere warmer for winter. We've got a few years before she retires. WV is on the list of places we'd consider.

you're not kidding. We live at elevations - so cold and absurd negative wind chills. But - I love it. Wife - hoping we'll move somewhere warmer for winter. We've got a few years before she retires. WV is on the list of places we'd consider.
Not bad here weather-wise! Not too hot during the summer and only a few nights during the winter below the freezing mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom