Dog walker gone wild.

File a report and make a claim for your losses.

You have this on your side.

Right to protect livestock.
Right to defend your property.
Damages for loss of livestock.
Dog off leash.
Owner unable to restrain her animal.

The fact that she verbally threatened you gives all the more reason that you should pursue the issue legally.

Also, I think that for her to make an animal cruelty claim she would have to prove that you acted aggressively in a manner not common to dog obedience training and without provocation.

1) You acted in defense, not aggresively.
2) To put a dog down to the ground by the neck is common to obedience training.
3) You were provoked into action because of the dog's destructive (although instinctual) behavior.

What nerve of her!

Quote:
also he did not beat the dog in a manner to damage the dog - only to control the dog. No blood was drawn from the dog, and the dog was on HIS PROPERTY. - she doesn't have a leg to stand on.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
also he did not beat the dog in a manner to damage the dog - only to control the dog. No blood was drawn from the dog, and the dog was on HIS PROPERTY. - she doesn't have a leg to stand on.
smile.png

x2!

Yes, yes and yes! Report her. Some people use idle threats as fear tactics to keep themselves out of blame or trouble. It happens all of the time in a variety of situations and in many cases it works! Even if nothing comes of this, by reporting her, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you did not fear her threats and did what was neccessary to try and protect your animals. Best wishes to you!

Before anyone goes shooting anything is is one thing to check the dog/chicken laws...and another to check the GUN laws.
It is not uncommon to have conflicting ordinances.
You may have the right to shoot some 'predator' attacking your poultry on your property, but not have the right to discharge a firearm inside city boundaries for instance.

In this case with damages you are fighting a losing battle. Either you file claim in Small Claims Court, or you hire a lawyer to sue her. The latter will cost far more then the damages may be. The former Small Claims Court may find in your favor...but they will not collect damages for you. You may 'win' but you'll then have to pursue payment. Chances are you will need a lawyer for that too.

Just Saying...Terry in Tennessee

Quote:
Call the cops. File a report. This is the only way you can get compensitation for your loss. next time use the lab for batting pratice. Three or four good homerun shots to the head will stop futher attacks. You will more than likely need a police report before you can file a claim for any damages. As for the animal cruelty, if it was at my house, she would be burying a dog, then paying for my loss.

Last edited:
man do we have the same dumb*** neighbor? my neighbors has a GIANT FAT BLACK LAB and it killed one of my hens pulled it through the fence and she brings it to me and said her dog found it dead in her yard and brought it to her...............i was dumbfounded
but yes file charges she has nothing on her side at all do not let her get away with it
im so tired of PRO dog owners thinking there dog and there money if more important than OUR poultry how would they like it if a chicken killed there dog?

At least report it in case there is an issue later. We had neighbors that tormented our dogs and broke our fence and we didn't ever report it. The dogs finally got out and we had to pay fines even though it was their fault. Always make a report so you have proof. Take lots of pictures and keep them for later use. We gave them to the court and then when we had issues again we didn't have the pictures becuase the court lost them.

Back
Top Bottom