Dog walker gone wild.

Great outcome to a bad situation!
thumbsup.gif
She still may not learn a lesson but she will learn where she can't have her dog always hit'em in the pocketbook to have a lasting effect. I am so proud of you even with backup it takes some courage to stand up for what is right.
smile.png

Great outcome to a bad situation!
thumbsup.gif
She still may not learn a lesson but she will learn where she can't have her dog always hit'em in the pocketbook to have a lasting effect. I am so proud of you even with backup it takes some courage to stand up for what is right.
smile.png

Hooray for a happy and civilised ending! I mean no disrespect, obviously the loss of your animals is not happy, but I do applaud you for handling it the way you did, and I'm very pleased that you were able to get compensation for your losses. And the dog didn't have to be destroyed either, which in my opinion is a good thing, I don't think it should be punished due to the irresponsibility of the owner. If it comes around again, different story.

Great outcome.

I have four dogs, I adore my dogs. They are my responsibility. It is my job to keep them inside my fence.
Only one I do not trust around my chickens but we work on it, and she is always supervised, or the chickens are locked up.
But it is up to me to make sure she never gets out to hurt the neighbors ducks and chickens.

Enough big fat checks change hands and maybe more folks will think like I do.
I'd make sure to take it to the bank and cash it as soon as you can.
Just Saying...

Bravo! You handled this outrageous situation with courage and righteous determination, and I commend you for taking the high road with the dog quarantine issue.

As a Boomer, I am of the generation where parents taught PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY much more than in subsequent generations. I know my parents would have INSISTED I apologize to you in that situation, admit I was totally in the wrong, and accompany you to your bank with my checkbook in hand to pay you whatever fair price you assigned to your losses.

Hopefully, she will have learned a few things from this encounter.

I'm glad of your positive outcome. I wouldn't spend the money, however, until you know that the check has cleared the bank. If it doesn't, the sheriff can make another visit for check fraud.

AWESOME outcome (though I'm sorry for your losses)!!

Just some quick advice - I'd cash that check at her bank if possible (in case it's the rubber sort).

Great outcome and it always is good when the law works for the correct side of the disagreement! Still too bad about the lost animals, but I think that dog will not be a problem again (I hope).

Back
Top Bottom