dogs, and chicken poop.....

I have it here too! I've even seen our dog eat the foster dog's poop. I don't know why they do it--I've heard its a behavioral issue. Theres pills you can buy that supposedly makes them stop.....I haven't tried that yet.

The pills don't work so don't waste your money. We had a German Shepherd who ate his own poop. It was really great when he came inside and here I am unaware and he runs up and gives me a nice big breath in the face! Admit it, you thought I was gonna say KISS didn't ya! It would knock you down!

We have chickens that stay penned up and my dogs cannot get into the run, but a couple months ago i had to take my yorkie to the vet for what I thought was just kennel cough, turned out to be some diseases that birds carry. $300.00 later I make sure he stays FAR away from the chicken coop. I have heard that if you sprinkle a little garlic power on their food they won't eat their poop. Don't know but it's worth a try .
idunno.gif

Ownedby 12 RIR,1 Pitt bull,1poodle mix,1 yorkie, 1 crabby gray cat and most important, 1 dh of 54 years

smile.png
I'm certain that dogs won't eat garlic laced poop. I know from experience about that. They'll look at it & give you a dirty look!

I had enough problems trying to get my dogs to eat garlic for their health. I stopped even trying. They get kelp now & Colloidal Silver.

The poop of horses is a bit odd, but really it is just mostly digested grass...as for the hooves, they sell those at the pet store for dogs, so you are getting free chew toys! I am just glad when dogs don't chew my furniture!! I don't have to worry about either though, I am allergic to them...Luckily I am NOT allergic to GOATS!! they are my answer to dogs, and they mow my lawn for me...try getting fido to do that!!!
woot.gif

Sure glad that I'm not the only one who has dogs who do this!
lau.gif

My chickens love the horse poop, which is supposed to wreak havoc on the fly population.

My dogs love the chicken poop.

Everybody likes scratch!

I'm glad my dogs like the hoof trimmings, like ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr says, I'm getting free chew toys!

Of our dogs our Great Pyrenees never bother the animal poo. Poo is including Horse, Cow, Duck, Chicken, and Goat. However, my Jack Russell and Chocolate Lab will do anything for a fresh pile of horse poo. I have not noticed them eating chicken poo just yet though...

I guess we have so much horse poo they get full.

Ick- That's kinda gross but I must say all of my dogs think poo is a fabulous cologne and must bathe themselves in it multiple times a day!

Last edited:
Really, my Great Pyr loves Chicken poop! Maybe it's a protein issue? I don't think he eats it as much as he used to when he was a pup though. Wow, that was nasty breath!

Quote:
This is gross, but its good for their teeth. You can actually find these for sale in some catalogs as dog treats.

Those who aren't around horses might wonder why its so gross. Let me tell you, you haven't smelled stink until you've smelled a good hoof cleaning .

Last edited:
Quote:
This is gross, but its good for their teeth. You can actually find these for sale in some catalogs as horse treats.

Those who aren't around horses might wonder why its so gross. Let me tell you, you haven't smelled stink until you've smelled a good hoof cleaning .

Oh my I so SECOND that comment! Nothing is worse than horse feet!

Back
Top Bottom