dogs, and chicken poop.....

I used to think it was so disgusting when my Mother talked about her "self cleaning" dog. Now I sort of wish mine was, so I wouldn't have to go out and poop-scoop so often.
gig.gif

All 3 of my dogs LOVE any poo but their own; and I've got one that eats his own, too. Gross, for sure. I'm going to try to garlic powder bit. Maybe that'll help.

I've wondered about dogs eating chicken poo, though, because my father once told me that DUCK poo was toxic to dogs. He used to feed the ducks on the river he lived on corn every day, and his dog got extremely ill; took her to the vet, and long story short, it was due to her eating the duck poo. Hmmm....
roll.png

Well, mine never grew ill from eating it & let me tell you, they ate plenty of chicken poo after we'd move the chicken tractors.
big_smile.png

You could probably google it though.

My Chocolate Lab mix eats chicken and cat poo! But then, he eats anything!!!! Doesn't eat his own or the other dogs yet but who knows? Glad others have the same disgusting problem...doesn't it seem like these are the dogs that just have to try to lick you all the time?
lol.png

The original owner of a local feed store said once that if you fed your horse grain, what went through would feed a bunch of chickens & pigeons!

And somewhere along the line, I seem to have heard that horse & cow poo contain some vitamins that may be helpful to whatever consumes it. Would someone with some real knowledge of that please set me straight on the validity of that information?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom