Dogs and welping????

not usually..pups would only be 8 weeks old..but anything is possible..normally they would whelp,have pups for 7-8 weeks then in another 8 weeks come back into season..

My aunt works with a lady who had 8 week old Schnauzer/poodle puppies she was giving away. I said I would like one but by the time my aunt saw the lady again, all the puppies were gone, of course.
roll.png

Anyway, my aunt called me and said they were going to get their female poodle fixed, but decided against it as they thought she was already pregnant again and we would get the first pick of the next batch. I told my aunt I didn't think that was possible that soon after having puppies, but didn't know for sure. So, I guess they "Think" she is pregnant again, but she really isn't. Ho well, it would have been nice to have a puppy around.

L&Schickens :

My aunt works with a lady who had 8 week old Schnauzer/poodle puppies she was giving away. I said I would like one but by the time my aunt saw the lady again, all the puppies were gone, of course.
roll.png

Anyway, my aunt called me and said they were going to get their female poodle fixed, but decided against it as they thought she was already pregnant again and we would get the first pick of the next batch. I told my aunt I didn't think that was possible that soon after having puppies, but didn't know for sure. So, I guess they "Think" she is pregnant again, but she really isn't. Ho well, it would have been nice to have a puppy around.

I wont say its impossible..just not really probable..but animals can do wierd things every now and then..are they for sure correct on their dates of the last litter born?..​

L&Schickens :

Can a dog get pregnent with in 8 weeks after giving birth?
(Not my dog )

Most large breed dogs usually go into season every 4 to 6 months.Smaller breeds go into season every 7 to even 9 months.Since a dogs gestation is about 2 months and you hold on to the pups for at least another 2 months.I have heard of large breed dogs going in season every 4 months.So,it`s not unusual for a large breed dog to get pregnant 8 weeks after giving birth but it is unusual for smaller breeds of dogs to get pregnant.
***You never know though,with mother nature it`s always a surprise!
wink.png

Quote:
Ditto. I know with cats, they can get pregnant within 24 hours after giving birth.

nope..cats and dogs cycle totally different..if a cat is in heat and doesnt get bred she will keep coming into heat about every3 weeks until bred,,and cats need to be bred,several times before they get pregnant,and the males have barb like things on their you-know-what that causes pain in the female,this is actually needed for the female to release the eggs..dogs,if not bred will not "usually' come into heat again for another 6 months,they can get pregnant the first breeding,dont need a male around to release the eggs..now most dogs its every 6 months,some may go as long as 1 year between and some only 5 months,just like people they vary,it is possible but not likely that she is bred again allready..and I am not to sure about cats coming into season 24 hours after birthing..the ovaries wouldnt even have time to clean out and heal after birth,I would guess they probably can again in 3-4 weeks after birthing.

These are small dogs. Mom is a toy poodle dad is a mini schnauzer.
I guess I will find out within 2 months then if we are going to be getting a new puppy?

Back
Top Bottom