Dominique Thread!

Pics

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Post all your Dominique information, incite, pictures and questions here!--I asked if there had been a thread started and no one replied so, I guess I will start one!

Anyone else have them or breed them??

I only have one. She came to me as a stray, found at the end of my very rural drive (nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. My grandson thought she was one of my Barred Rocks but the minute I saw her I knew she was not a barred rock and thought she might be a Dominique. I confirmed it with my APA Standard of Prefection book.

She seems very sweet. She stands her ground--will not be bullied. She looks to be around 18 weeks old. She is getting some fluffy tail feathers and her comb has started to turn more red during her 5+weeks in 'jail'. She has become a nice addition to my flock..

I would love to see others pictures, hear of your experiences with these birds and learn from you!!

Let's hear it!

Last edited:
Dominiques are one of my favorite breeds! We used to have a nice sized flock of about 40 hens. This male was beautiful. This is definitely one of my best photos I have taken of my chickens.
dominique.jpg

I have 2-4 1/2 month old Dominique hens(hatchery quality).
At first I was a skeptical of their demeanor(standoffish), but as they have gotten a bit older, they are actually very sweet little things-always the first to jump up in my lap for grapes or raisins(also always sticking their heads into the containers and coming out with a mouthful!).
I don't have any recent picture of them, but really need to take some!

Beautiful rooster purelypoultry!

Back
Top Bottom