Don't eat donuts in front of chickens

bel

Songster
10 Years
Jan 15, 2010
East bay
I was thinking it might be nice to maybe eat outside and watch the chickens and ducks who are freeranging. I was eating a donut, next thing I know both speckled sussex hens are standing at my feet looking at the donut, looking at the ground then back at the donut, hoping I will throw them some. This is the first time they have seen a donut but they knew its something they want. I Walked inside and they followed me in before I could close the door. I could have grabbed one but the other would have bolted to the carpeted parts of the house, instead I went to the pantry, got some plain oats and threw some out the door and the hens went back outside. So as far as they are concerned donuts taste like rolled oats, don't tell them otherwise.

Don't eat donuts in front of chickens? Don't eat food period in front of your chickens, unless you plan to share.
wink.png

Ha ha!! I think we all learn this the hard way...don't eat ANYTHING around chickens because they think it's all for them. I was brutally attacked by the ravenous winged darlings just the other day while walking to the barn eating a cracker. Bye bye cracker!!
lol.png

If I hold food around waist height, my sussex jumps up and grabs it. She will jump up to peck the treats jar in my hand, too. I carry treats in held high.

Rockin' Reds :

Ha ha!! I think we all learn this the hard way...don't eat ANYTHING around chickens because they think it's all for them. I was brutally attacked by the ravenous winged darlings just the other day while walking to the barn eating a cracker. Bye bye cracker!!
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
I can see it now - tooo funny​

Quote:
I know that, everytime I eat something, theres Muggsy or Slinky in my lap. If I dare ignore them they gently tap my arm or leg with there beaks.
smile.png

Last edited:
They want everything that i have... they even try to drink my coffee when i set it down
ep.gif
! appearantly they dont like it, just shake their head but still go back for more...not very bright birds but i love them
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom