Don't eat that.

My chickens have tried:

• Total voters
Pics
They peck at our back door, My son noticed it at first he said Mom the chickens are eating the door so I chased them away. The previous owners must have had a dog who scratched the door the bottom half is in need of TLC and with constant sun it's pilling looks like I need to scrape off the loose stiff sand and refinish so that our chickens will hopefully stop eating it

This thread and these stories made me laugh. Gosh, the things my flock put away over the years… Funniest was the day my ex-DH decided to shoot a mouse in our house with a pellet gun. He was sitting on the couch and mouse was right at the front door. He took aim and fired and got it, but before the mouse hit the ground, one of my juvenile chickens ran past and grabbed the mouse and took off with it! The face on my ex was priceless :lol:

Other strange "treats" that comes to mind now was small snakes, a frog or two, baby birds and our dog's droppings :sick Attempted treats included my eye (ouch) and my teeth (hens' beak pierced my lip! Double ouch)

View attachment 1030729
not my own photo of course...
I LOVE this photo! There is nothing funnier than watching one of my hens find a mouse and the chase that ensues from the others! I have watched them chase each other over a mouse until they get too tired to run. I always have the Benny Hill music playing in my head when I watch this.

I remember when I was sitting with my goat, Bella, and a chicken came into the stall. She walked up to the goat and stared at her for like 5 seconds. Then, finally she pecked Bella right in the center of her eyeball and she(Bella) started walking around like she was blind. She was ok the next day, but I am never letting that Brahma in the goat area again...

Back
Top Bottom