Don't eat that.

My chickens have tried:

• Total voters
Pics
Styrofoam....so much styrofoam. Seriously. WHERE do they keep finding all this styrofoam??!
Also my wedding band, my eyeballs when I find myself staring deep into their little raptor souls for a little too long...let's see...poop. Lots of poop, cat poop, chicken poop, dog poop, maybe some more styrofoam.

But do they even TASTE the delicious fusilli tossed in creamy sauce with veggies and cheese that I made a special portion of JUST for them?
No. Of course not.

I have one that will eat them from time to time. Along with those nasty shield bugs (stink bugs) we have here in SC. She will eat pretty much any bug, it is really funny to see her pluck a wasp right out of the air and gulp it down!

I want a chicken like that. I want an ARMY of that chicken! (what breed is it?)

I've never seen one eat a stink bug, a stinging bug, nor an arachnid. I wondered if stinkbugs were poisonous to chickens. We have those horrid huge eastern lubber grasshoppers that are black w red and yellow markings here and they don't touch those either, but I know they are poisonous.

I've never seen one eat a stink bug, a stinging bug, nor an arachnid. I wondered if stinkbugs were poisonous to chickens. We have those horrid huge eastern lubber grasshoppers that are black w red and yellow markings here and they don't touch those either, but I know they are poisonous.

It was one of my 2 brown leghorns that eats them. My lavender orpington is a big girl with a big appetite and will eat just about anything that moves. That is if she can get to it fast enough before the leghorn gets it. I've even seen the leghorn munching away at the little tiny acrobat ants that have infested my raised garden beds. Sadly though, she could literally eat thousand of them and it wouldn't put a dent in the colony

My Columbian Rock chicks would eat stinkbugs. I haven't tried feeding them any lately now as adults, but I'm sure they would eat them. You should get some! but not the rooster, who is aggressive (but protective)

We lost our only ever CR; a pullet from the seedNfeed my son named Heather. I have another post somewhere about how I've become convinced naming chicks heather makes them turn into roosters. Being white is almost a death sentence here (second thoughts on the army,) but our second Heather (who also turned out to be a roo) has survived as a semi-feral so far just fine. Maybe my wilder chu do eat stinkbugs. I will have to watch them more closely.

Back
Top Bottom