Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Is this bantam easter egger a pullet? It is 2 months old.
20170610_092215_001.jpg
20170610_092115.jpg
20170610_092034.jpg

Hello, I've got 2 chicks of unknown breed and gender, can anyone help? We got them as a mix of eggs so there is a range of breeds or hybrids they could be (see below). One came from a blue/green egg, the other a 'normal' pale brown. They are 6 weeks old.

This is Bobby: he/she is very friendly and will jump onto my knee as soon as I open the brooder. I noticed her wonky beak a couple of weeks ago: seems to be coping fine with it so hopefully it doesn't get any worse. He has had his extra head fluff since about three weeks, and I've only just noticed the tufty cheek feathers. She's only got the black stripe on this wing, not the other side. Any ideas on breed or gender?
IMG_20170616_090738.jpg IMG_20170616_090847.jpg IMG_20170616_091245.jpg IMG_20170616_090932.jpg

And this is Gimli: pretty certain he's a boy, but any ideas on breed?
IMG_20170616_091456.jpg

These are all the breeds the farm advertises as selling:
Large Fowl
Arauncana
Barnevelder
Barred Plymouth Rock
Brahma
Cochins
Cream Legbar
Faverolle
Leghorn
Maran
Orpington
Poland
Rhode Island Red
Sussex
Welsummer
Wyandotte

Hybrid Hens
Bluebelle
Columbian Blacktail
Copper Black
Coral
Pied Ranger
Ranger
Speckledy
Sussex Star

Thank you for any help!

what breed do you think these chicks are? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4348.JPG
    IMG_4348.JPG
    905.7 KB · Views: 8
Ideal Poultry assorted bantam mix

Ok...you know what the possible options for the chick are, other than Sumatra?

Is this bantam easter egger a pullet? It is 2 months old. View attachment 1044289 View attachment 1044294 View attachment 1044297

Yes.

Hello, I've got 2 chicks of unknown breed and gender, can anyone help? We got them as a mix of eggs so there is a range of breeds or hybrids they could be (see below). One came from a blue/green egg, the other a 'normal' pale brown. They are 6 weeks old.

This is Bobby: he/she is very friendly and will jump onto my knee as soon as I open the brooder. I noticed her wonky beak a couple of weeks ago: seems to be coping fine with it so hopefully it doesn't get any worse. He has had his extra head fluff since about three weeks, and I've only just noticed the tufty cheek feathers. She's only got the black stripe on this wing, not the other side. Any ideas on breed or gender?
View attachment 1044326 View attachment 1044327 View attachment 1044328 View attachment 1044329

View attachment 1044325

Large Fowl
Arauncana
Barnevelder
Barred Plymouth Rock
Brahma
Cochins
Cream Legbar
Faverolle
Leghorn
Maran
Orpington
Poland
Rhode Island Red
Sussex
Welsummer
Wyandotte

Hybrid Hens
Bluebelle
Columbian Blacktail
Copper Black
Coral
Pied Ranger
Ranger
Speckledy
Sussex Star

Thank you for any help!

First pullet, second cockerel.

People like to make up names for hybrids sometimes, so I'm not familiar with most you listed. Both your birds are mixes; the first is gonna have some EE or something in here since she is from a blue egg.

Ideal sells the following bantams-
  • Sultans
  • Brahmas
  • Cochins
  • Frizzle Cochin
  • d'Uccles
  • Silkies
  • Ameraucanas
  • Black Rosecombs
  • Black Sumatras
  • Buff Orpingtons
  • Single Comb Nankins
  • New Hampshires
  • Rhode Island Reds
  • White Crested Black Polish
  • Single Comb White Leghorns
  • White Faced Black Spanish
  • Cornish
  • d'Anvers
  • Japanese
  • Moderns
  • Old English
  • Sebrights
  • Wyandottes
  • Rose Comb Nankins

what breed do you think these chicks are? Thanks

They look a little young. Where from?

Ideal sells the following bantams-
  • Sultans
  • Brahmas
  • Cochins
  • Frizzle Cochin
  • d'Uccles
  • Silkies
  • Ameraucanas
  • Black Rosecombs
  • Black Sumatras
  • Buff Orpingtons
  • Single Comb Nankins
  • New Hampshires
  • Rhode Island Reds
  • White Crested Black Polish
  • Single Comb White Leghorns
  • White Faced Black Spanish
  • Cornish
  • d'Anvers
  • Japanese
  • Moderns
  • Old English
  • Sebrights
  • Wyandottes
  • Rose Comb Nankins

Well, they don't have feathered legs so that narrows it down a lot. What type of comb do they have?

View attachment 1044326 View attachment 1044327 View attachment 1044328 View attachment 1044329

View attachment 1044325

Large Fowl
Arauncana
Barnevelder
Barred Plymouth Rock
Brahma
Cochins
Cream Legbar
Faverolle
Leghorn
Maran
Orpington
Poland
Rhode Island Red
Sussex
Welsummer
Wyandotte

Hybrid Hens
Bluebelle
Columbian Blacktail
Copper Black
Coral
Pied Ranger
Ranger
Speckledy
Sussex Star

Thank you for any help!

First pullet, second cockerel.

People like to make up names for hybrids sometimes, so I'm not familiar with most you listed. Both your birds are mixes; the first is gonna have some EE or something in here since she is from a blue egg.

I'm going to guess the poster is in Australia and the first could be an Araucana. Not sure on the second. Looks like he has a crest but he's definitely not a Legbar.

They look a little young. Where from?

Well, they don't have feathered legs so that narrows it down a lot. What type of comb do they have?
No comb development yet, just a small triangular patch that looks like fine grit, black sandpaper.

It's those long legs and the general shape of the head that make it stand out so much from the other 19 fluff balls I got yesterday, all mostly brahmas, Cochins, japs and oegbs from what I can tell.

I'm trying to decide if two of these birds are pullets or cockerels. They're 10 1/2 weeks old. The first one is definitely a cockerel. He's crowing, getting pointed saddle feathers and feathered extremely slowly compared to the other chicks in the flock.
IMG_1644.JPG

This next one is one we're trying to decide on. Large wattle and comb, but no crowing, saddle feathers don't appear long and thin like the first one, but the tail looks a little long Plus it seems to be relatively dominant. I'll add this one feathered quickly like our other pullets.
IMG_1640.JPG

This 3rd one we REALLY are unsure of.. it feathered like the other pullets, evenly and quickly. Large comb and wattle, but no pointed saddle feathers or crowing, last night my room was climbing on top of this one persistently and we heard a decent amount of squawking.
IMG_1643.JPG

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom