dos and don'ts for goose egg incubation

Quote:
Good luck
fl.gif
it's worth the wait

Thankies,,, i know with just 3 eggs there isnt much of a chance,, but will still be a good learnin experience hehe
wink.png

good lucks with all of yours
wink.png

I set 9 Sebi eggs, one bator was set on 3/22 with 6 eggs, 5 are growing.
the other bator was set 3/29 and has 3 Sebis and 15 muscovies.
2 of the sebis are growing and 10 of the scovies are growing.
I have been following Miss Prissys advice since I set them and so far the growth rate is awesome.

good luck with your eggs, fingers crossed for a nice hatch for you.

Last edited:
I followed the above program basically exactly and we are in the middle of the hatch as I type. We bought 8 pilgrim eggs on ebay. 5 developed, and we have hatched three and the other two have pipped. The eggs were a little dirty and we did not clean them. We did have a little trouble getting the humidity high enough apparently, because we have ben having to help a little bit. I dont know if it is the right thing or wrong, but we gave them 24 hours from pip and then we started opening the hole a little bit. It seems ours are just a little sticky. I dont know if they would have made it out or not, but I really want these to survive, so we went with our gut.

So far three live and peeping out of the shells. Two pipped holes about 3/8 inch across and sitting for twelve hours. If they have not made progress by morning we will help them along as well. Two of the hatched are very vigorous, one is a little slower.

Very happy at this point.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom