Dosage for Duramycin/Tetracycline??

Quote:
It's 1/10th of a teaspoon in two gallons of water for seven days. The tetracycline will only remain viable for twenty-four hours, so dump out remaining water every morning and add two more gallons of fresh, medicated water.
Throw away all eggs for fourteen days or save them and put in an incubator to hatch .

Thank u dawg for posting that link. Basically it is1 tblsp per gallon (for the 800 sized dose). I was making the whole thing at once until I found this post. I believe this product is really helping my Maran right now. Since we started it 3 days ago, her eyes are reduced in swelling and she is more active. Is it true that it must be re-made every 24 hours to be effective? I'm assuming whoever wrote that knows something. Thanks again, guys. This forum is great.

So I should start with 1 tbp per gallon right? I have one of my 3 with respiratory problems. I want all 3 to drink it just in case the other two are exposed to the infection.

thank you Humble from georgia!!! My hen will appreciate it once i get the antibiotics down her.

Nothing, I thought I remember the dosage and I put two tbsp in one gallon and they are all fine. today I came back here just to be sure and see I way overdid it.

All of my babies are just fine and today have the right dose.

There is 6.4 oz. or 181 gram to a package , the package says 6.4 oz. OR 181 grams mixed with 12.5 gal. of water gives a mix for 800 mg , so do the math. 181 g divided by 12.5 gal = 14.48 grams per gal. ONE LEVEL TEASPOON = 5 GRAMS { USE A MEASUREING SPOON } so the safe way to make sure you don't over dose is one level teaspoon to a halt gal of water or two level teaspoon to a gal. ---------that the dosage recommended by Durvet the makers of duramycin for 800 mg dose . That's the dosage I would use to make sure it killed any and all bacteria.. my little hens have been on this dosage for 5 days now and are doing good . one of my little hens was near death and today she was clucking and eating with the rest of them. So to sum it up -------- TWO LEVEL TEASPOON PER GAL.--------ONE LEVEL TEASPOON PER 1/2 GAL. AND 1/4 TEASPOON PER QT. =700 TO 800 MG DOSE Good luck

Back
Top Bottom