Dottie the Chicken's Flock (Lydia's Layers)

Pics
Want to see a cool family tree?

This is Priscilla. She is a Jersey/Aryshire mix. Her mom was a Jersey, and her dad an Ayrshire.
20201119_152205.jpg

This is Priscilla's daughter Sylvia. Her dad is a Jersey. Please excuse the bad photo.
20201119_152140.jpg

Sylvia has three daughters: Amanda, Emerald, and Faith

This is Amanda. She is pregnant and lives with the milking herd. Her dad is a Jersey.
20201119_152123.jpg

I don't have a picture of Emerald, but she is bred, and hopefully pregnant.

This is Faith. Her dad is a Jersey. Before she was born, her mom was put out into the dry cow/heifer pasture in case she had her baby. That way we could watch Sylvia, and if she calved her baby would be close to the barn, and not hidden in the woods. But.... Sylvia escaped the pasture and got into the milking cow's pasture, where she had her baby. I was finally able to catch the baby (with the help of God). Faith is the one on the right.
20201119_120727.jpg

That's such a fun variety!! Which are your favorites?
I like the Easter Egger breed. The Wyandottes are pretty, but I've noticed some mean behavior amongst them and other birds, but it could just be the pecking order thing. I like Buff Orpingtons. I love my Salmon Faverolle Dottie. I like my sussexes, though not my favorites. I like the Gold Stars for egg production, but they seem to have more health issues.

Back
Top Bottom