Double laced Barnevelder roo over various hens colour advice please.

Oh, I thought the double-laced roosters had black breasts. Whoops. Silly me.
Yeah that makes a difference.
Incomplete just means poor lacing, which could be expressed in many ways.
X partridge-incomplete double laced
X buff laced-incomplete paint laced red
X white crested cuckoo-sexlinks: leaky cuckoo males, leaky black females
X white-could be anything from lacing to leaky black. Anything.
X splash laced red-incomplete blue laced red
X Welsummer incomplete red double laced
X Light (silver columbian)- sexlinks: red gold/silver heterozygous incomplete laced males, red incomplete laced females
X Red-incomplete double laced
X Speckled-incomplete double laced
X silver- some kind of leaky black with red gold/silver males and red females?

In the case of Columbian I don't know how the down will express. Light is another term for silver Columbian so the male chicks should look like Columbian/light, and the females should look red Columbian (which would look similarish to a New Hampshire or RIR.) But when they grow the males will express yellow and red.

Leaky- that just is my way of saying they have leakage that is red, silver and/or gold but I don't know what color it will be since that depends upon whether your cuckoo is silver or gold based and the sex of the chicks.
Amazing, thank you!

They aren't that common in the UK either. I had to buy eggs from a breeder far away and get them shipped.

I only keep bantam sizes of chicken now for space reasons (so I can keep more). Plus less feed for more egg is a way better ratio with bantams. My little polish hens lay the same size egg as the huge LF buff Orpingtons I used to have, yet take up half the space and eat half the food!
I prefer bantams too for this reason.

He appears to be single laced
X partridge-incomplete red laced
X buff laced-paint laced red
X white-could be anything from lacing to leaky black.
X splash laced red-blue laced red
X Welsummer incomplete red laced
X Light (silver columbian)- sexlinks: red gold/silver heterozygous incomplete laced males, red incomplete laced females
X Red-red incomplete laced
X Speckled-red incomplete laced
Comprehensive, thanks!

Double Laced Barnevelder roosters show single lacing, it's the hens that show the double lacing. Does this make any difference to your predictions?

When you say incomplete lacing, do you mean speckly splodges or just poor lacing markings?

And the sex link with colombian, are we talking about white males, buff female chicks? that is kinda what I was expecting. I don't understand your description 😳

The sex link with cuckoo, what colour is leaking?

The cross with the buff laced - paint laced red sounds really interesting!

Thanks for your input.

Comprehensive, thanks!

Double Laced Barnevelder roosters show single lacing, it's the hens that show the double lacing. Does this make any difference to your predictions?

When you say incomplete lacing, do you mean speckly splodges or just poor lacing markings?

And the sex link with colombian, are we talking about white males, buff female chicks? that is kinda what I was expecting. I don't understand your description 😳

The sex link with cuckoo, what colour is leaking?

The cross with the buff laced - paint laced red sounds really interesting!

Thanks for your input.
Oh, I thought the double-laced roosters had black breasts. Whoops. Silly me.
Yeah that makes a difference.
Incomplete just means poor lacing, which could be expressed in many ways.
X partridge-incomplete double laced
X buff laced-incomplete paint laced red
X white-could be anything from lacing to leaky black. Anything.
X splash laced red-incomplete blue laced red
X Welsummer incomplete red double laced
X Red-incomplete double laced
X Speckled-incomplete double laced

In the case of Columbian I don't know how the down will express. Light is another term for silver Columbian so the male chicks should look like Columbian/light, and the females should look red Columbian (which would look similarish to a New Hampshire or RIR.) But when they grow the males will express yellow and red.

Leaky- that just is my way of saying they have leakage that is red, silver and/or gold but I don't know what color it will be since that depends upon whether your cuckoo is silver or gold based and the sex of the chicks.

Double laced barnevelder roosters aren’t single laced, so I think your rooster is a different variety. Can you get more pictures of him?

Hmm, it looks like the US Standard calls for a laced breast but black breasts seem rather common around here.

Back
Top Bottom