DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by needmorechickens!, Nov 10, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Crowing

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I wanted to bump this thread because I have double yolks in with the bator full I've got going. I hold out a lot more hope for the insanely huge one than the double yolk pullet egg but we'll see.

2. Chicktastic

Chicktastic In the Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Im a very late comer to this thread. This is just so cool. I didn't get to see the video but read most of the posts. I didn't even know they could develop.

NEAT!

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Crowing

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Well, it's free eggs so no harm in trying. My other eggs are in cartons but these guys are lying on their sides and are turned four or five times a day. Both chicks need an end to work with, and both REALLY need to not stick to a side so I thought I'd try working it that way.

They're very much just a gamble.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wow beautiful birds, glad they are doing so well!

5. treeowl

treeowl In the Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    This was and is the most incrediable video I have had the pleasure of watching. when i started this thread i was so wrapped up in it i couldn't quit reading. wow 53 pages. I can hardly believe what I saw. Congratulation on the twins, maybe one day i will have the opportunity to experience a miracle too. Thank You very much for sharing.

6. eggraiser101

eggraiser101 In the Brooder

Aug 18, 2009
    Hi there I get double eggs all the time but I never hatched them. And I would make a little whole or something in the top help is no bid deal it is not cusing a propblem that I know of.

-Megan

7. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Songster

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    omg I have read all 53 pages of this how neat!!! The videos were great too. How are the chicks now can you post an updated picture of them from recently? Has anyone laid for you?

8. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Crowing

Apr 25, 2009
    This is AWESOME. thank you for sharing. [​IMG]

9. d73

d73 In the Brooder

May 30, 2009
    Pine Island Florida
    Pretty cool. Love the vid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: