Dove Sexing

poultryinmotion

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 2, 2009
I have had Ringnecks for around 15 yrs. The best way to tell male from female is observation. I am open for questions and I can provide videos and stills.... I just hope people are interested!!!

with our doves, (same size same age) the males seem to have a slightly larger head than the females. Other than that we look for the male bow coo's and back mounting. LOL!

A friend of mine has 2 ring necks and they will mount each other. She does not have a clue what sex they are.

Quote:
might be two males, we were given a "pair" of white doves and the owners were fed up with the "breeding but no eggs." Well come to find out, once we added a female to the mix, it became apparent(very quickly) that we had two males in the same cage. Just our humble experience.

Quote:
Either they are young or they're both boys. I've had several pairs of boys who act just like a real pair, minus the eggs :p I've also had pairs of pigeon hens, who acted like actual pairs but ended up incubating 4 eggs!

Hmm. I wonder if mine are both boys then. they coo, and do thir thing, and build a nest and all. But no eggs. Guess I will have to keep checking the auction barn for more of them, to see if i can find any girls eh?

Back
Top Bottom