Drake "bothering" my chickens, what to do

Lindsy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 5, 2011
Hi everyone
My Kakhi campbell drake, 1 yr old is "bothering" my chickens...the hens in particular by trying to mount them. He had lost his make 6 months ago and finally found two new ladies for him. He loves them...but he keeps going after our hens. We have 1 drake, 2 duck ladies, 1 roo and 4 hens. They have been all sleeping together. This is new behaviour for the drake...since 3 months. He is starting to accidiently hurt the hens but he seems to be able to get them pinned.

What to do? Do I need to separate him from the hens? His 2 new ladies have gone broody..which I don't think helps. Any ideas?

thanks

Hi everyone
My Kakhi campbell drake, 1 yr old is "bothering" my chickens...the hens in particular by trying to mount them. He had lost his make 6 months ago and finally found two new ladies for him. He loves them...but he keeps going after our hens. We have 1 drake, 2 duck ladies, 1 roo and 4 hens. They have been all sleeping together. This is new behaviour for the drake...since 3 months. He is starting to accidiently hurt the hens but he seems to be able to get them pinned.

What to do? Do I need to separate him from the hens? His 2 new ladies have gone broody..which I don't think helps. Any ideas?

thanks
Yes and ASAP, if he mates with your hens[ they are not sexually compatible] he will kill them most likely.

Back
Top Bottom