fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Em

Smitty's Farm :

WOW!!!!
ep.gif
A pip! I'm so excited!!!!! I feel like it's also my chicks in there. LOL!!!!

Might as well be; You've held my hand through this whole process!

OK, humidity is at 67%, thanks to cup with hotwater & paper towels in them. Temp is a little above 97 due to opening the bator to supplement humidity. But that's according to my possibly incorrect thermometer.

They were put in at 10pm Thursday 3/19. So that means 3/20 was day 1, right?
So are they 2 days early or 3? And is that a bad thing?

Only the one has actually pipped (that I can see).​

One EE peeped, another silkie, and a banty but I can't remember if it was a hamburg or a cochin.

Nothing from the 3 blue orps, but I was warned they'd late prima donnas...

More may actually be peeping, but after the 4th one I decided I'd better leave everyone alone. Don't want to mess anyone up by being over-attentive.

That said, I guess I'd better lay down for a while. DH said I can't call in sick on account of 'chicken pops'.

Yeah, I've been up since 6am, so I gotta rest a while.
DH is already snoring away!

And that little girl has already been pipped for 6 hours and not changed position. Plus there's a small drop of blood at the edge of the membrane. So I'll leave her be.

Also, she pipped at the pointy end. Don't know if that makes a difference, but it seems people have to help more when they pip that end (from the threads I've read). Like they can't maneuver or something.

So I'll let her rest and I'll rest. And then see if I should intervene at 4:30-ish. That's when I woke up with my weird hatching dream, so I figure I'll wake up that time again tomorrow. So I'd better go to bed before tomorrow!

d.k :

* Hey there, Lori -- Hoping the eggs go well for ya.
smile.png
hugs.gif

Thanks!
Sorry I've been out of touch for a while. Life's been busy! Hope you're doing OK. Obviously you have your internet issues worked out! How's that foundation doing?​

* Ah well, kiddo-- none of it seems to much matter anymore! We're out of here, ya know. May 1Oth. Got a WHOLE LOT to do before then, so I'll be tearing my hair out, probly. . . :|

Back
Top Bottom