Dreams of hatching... and THEY ARE!!!! page 7 pic heavy

Quote:
Sending good thoughts to you also. I took me half an hour to get from yesterday to today. I wanted to read everything.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
Sending good thoughts to you also. I took me half an hour to get from yesterday to today. I wanted to read everything.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thanks ya'll. DH wants to name her Lucky, but I'm calling her Lil Bit o Hope, Lil Bit for short...

So far she is climbing around the bator the way the stronger ones did, and her little red umbilical or whatever isn't looking as red or big. SO I really do have more than a bit of hope for her!!

Go LIL Bit!!!!!
jumpy.gif
Is there any more silkie eggs in there waiting to pip?

OOOH!!!!! I can't wait until next weekend!!!!! I hope I have as good of luck as you. I hope my BO stay viable.
I'll candle the Banty Ameraucanas on Fri. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Smitty's Farm :

No sleep for you!
fl.gif

Nope. DH told me to go to bed, so I snuck into the basement and am using the kids computer...

Got down here in time to see the zipped Ameracauna fall out of her shell. She's laying there resting, and Lil Bit is walking over to keep her company.

I'm laughing at these babies in the brooder, too. They mill around and peep loud, then all pass out. And then 2 minutes later they do it all again. I forgot that part of baby chickies!

Kim, get yourself a manicure kit to keep handy when the chicks are pipping. Mine has itty bitty narrow scissors and a good pair of tweezers. Those 2 items have really been handy!
And I've been taking the rough edges off my nails with the file while I wait on chicks. Beats biting them!!​

Smitty's Farm :

Go LIL Bit!!!!!
jumpy.gif
Is there any more silkie eggs in there waiting to pip?

OOOH!!!!! I can't wait until next weekend!!!!! I hope I have as good of luck as you. I hope my BO stay viable.
I'll candle the Banty Ameraucanas on Fri. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

There are a couple more Silkie eggs, including one I was sure was gonna hatch. But no action yet... And I really wanted more Silkies! Gonna have to try again...
lau.gif
Like there was ever any doubt!! (she says, thinking of the 3 dozen she knows she's getting for her birthday)

I hope you BO's hang in there, too. You've had enough bum-hatch luck!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
Nope. DH told me to go to bed, so I snuck into the basement and am using the kids computer...

Got down here in time to see the zipped Ameracauna fall out of her shell. She's laying there resting, and Lil Bit is walking over to keep her company.

I'm laughing at these babies in the brooder, too. They mill around and peep loud, then all pass out. And then 2 minutes later they do it all again. I forgot that part of baby chickies!

Kim, get yourself a manicure kit to keep handy when the chicks are pipping. Mine has itty bitty narrow scissors and a good pair of tweezers. Those 2 items have really been handy!
And I've been taking the rough edges off my nails with the file while I wait on chicks. Beats biting them!!

Cool beans!!!! I need that manicure kit now, b/c I was biting my nails following your thread. Thanks!!!! I might have one here. You can crochet while you wait. LOL!!!!! I'm sure your to antsy to do that, though.

Really, I'm too TIRED to crochet!
It's Thursday now, so I really should go to bed.

#5 (should name it Johnie 5 like in Short Circuit) was really tossing the pipped Blue Orp egg around. So she's now in the brooder. Lil Bit is wandering the bator still, though. Can't put her with others until her bottom is all better or they will mess with her. Buzzy's already tried to eat some toes in there! He is one seriously ugly duckling...

LilBit is drying off a little finally. Too sticky to be fluffy.

The Blue Orp, Silver Spangled Hamburg and White Silkie are hanging out. No change in them right now. Maybe Lil Bit can encourage them to come out and play...

G'night ya'll. Sweet dreams!!

Yea, I'm to tired to crochet, just from reading. LOL!!!!!

I'm so glad Lil Bit is doing much better. Hurray!!!! That might be good having her in there to encourage the others to come out.

Good night!!!! Now, no more dreams of eggs melting in your hand.

Smitty's Farm :

Good night!!!! Now, no more dreams of eggs melting in your hand.

Thank heavens! I don't remember any dreams last night, and that's rare for me!! Got 5 hours of sleep, one more than the night before
smile.png

This morning Lil Bit is still with us and has a sister. Both have those wierd red bums... Pretty soon I won't be able to tell them apart! I'm a little worried about Lil Bit, since she's been in the process since before 5pm 4/1. Shouldn't she need water by now??

The Silver Spangled Hamburg has also emerged, and another Ameracauna. The Blue Orp that pipped is alive but just hanging out. May do a little exploratory intervention later. The third Blue Orp egg is barely pipped but peeping. So this show isn't quite over yet.

The brooder babes are milling around and then passing out, as usual. A couple have found the food bin and eaten a couple of bites. No one has noticed the water yet. Will show it to them in a little while.

Bad news is that my youngest DD may have the flu. She really went downhill during the night. I've got a call in to the doctor's office to get her seen, and let my boss know what's going on.
DH asked me how much I paid her to get sick so I could stay home and tend babies. Mean old man!
Since I'm running on too little sleep and too much excitement, if the doc prescribes anything for DD I think I'll ask for a duplicate set for me
sad.png
I'm washing my hands a LOT (always do, I'm kinda compulsive about that). But I have masks to wear around the chickies if I start coughing the way she is.
But... I may get some crocheting done at the doctor's office ~sigh~

I'll get some pics of the SSH and 2 Silks in a bit. I think I need to keep these little guys seperate from the bigger stronger Amers & Blue Orp for a while. That SSH is TINY compared to the Amer that just hatched, and the silks aren't much bigger.​

Whew!!!!!! You have your hands full today. I hope C is feeling better soon.

Yahoooooo!!!! More babies!!!!!!
clap.gif
I'm going to have soooo many NEICES!!!!!
big_smile.png

One idea if you need to get them in the brooder is maybe have a cardboard seperation for the silkies. It just depends on how your light for warmth is set up. Is silkie # 2 dry enough to leave the hatcher?

Come on Lil Bit!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
OK......... not sure about the water, but I know they absorb nutrients from their yolk up to 72 hrs that's why it's ok to ship day old chicks. Maybe you could reach in, dip her beak for a quick sip and stick her back w/ her sister.

How your humidity?? That's my biggest worry next weekend is getting the humidity up for the hatch......oh, I hope the lonley little BO eggs make it that far.

pop.gif
waiting for the next update!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom